Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Just an update (and more opinions welcome of course!)

After posting all the polls before Christmas I think we have our list at least cut in half. The final four standing are August/us, Mathias, Atticus and Leopold...Everett would be in the finals but we just learned that someone from our church just used it as well as a friend that my husband grew up with. That makes me nervous of course about popularity especially in my area.

I still have reserves with each of the names..if anyone wants to alleviate some of my concerns or help me narrow it down further i would very much appreciate it. Last name sounds like Castle and siblings are In my signature.

August- I love August, husband prefers Augustus. Augustus feels long to me and I prefer August more with Conrad and Nolan. Husband doesn't like that August is a month (even though I've explained that the month is named after the person). I worry about August and 'June' together. I love June and Gus however...

Mathias- probably my favorite at the moment...not my husbands though. He said he could learn to love it but I'd prefer that he love it now or I feel guilty. This is my grandpa's grandpa's name and the first in my family to come over from Germany so it has a lot of significance to me. I also like the strong sound of it with a soft sound in the middle and not easily nicknameable as both of our other boys go by their full name. Will people have trouble pronouncing?

Atticus- I'm scared Atticus will sound trendy in a few years or old hipster style? I also dislike the nickname Atti. Other than that I heart it. I've read it on several blogs that it could be like Harper in the rising and from the same bloke, etc etc.

Leopold- I really think Leopold goes great with the siblings and I like the sound and meaning. I worry that since its a little more clunky to say that he will only be called Leo....and I'm not keen on the popularity of Leo. Yet I love Leo. Yikes!!

Im happy we got it down to 4/5 names but still worried that its going to be too many to choose between once baby arrives if we have a boy. I could have the baby any day now!
    Last edited by 1234plus1; January 8th, 2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added siblings and last name
    -L

Mom to Conrad, Nolan, Juniper and our newest addition {1.31.13} Beckett Mathias Lou

I really like August Henry nn Gus with your bunch. Good luck choosing!

Quote Originally Posted by spunkiedoodle View Post
    I really like August Henry nn Gus with your bunch. Good luck choosing!
    I second this!
    Good luck,
    Leigh

Married to my high school sweetheart
    Mother to Charles Nathaniel aka Charlie [1.26.09]
    Baby due [3.17.13]

Thanks spunkie and charliesmommie! That combo makes me swoon! Any thoughts on the August/June situation?
    -L

Mom to Conrad, Nolan, Juniper and our newest addition {1.31.13} Beckett Mathias Lou

I love August!! I dont like turning it into Augustus. I think August is much more user friendly.