Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The year I was born, Alexandra was ranked #285. By 1984 it had broken the top 100 and hasn't dropped out of it since. It had been on a steady climb in the years leading up to my birth, so it was a predictable trend, though my mom never expected it to get as popular as it did.

Oh, and I'd prefer to use a name that is not going to skyrocket in popularity. The two names I was considering were Wiley and Xander. I was iffy on Xander because it's just outside the top 200 and while that's still within my comfort range, I don't know where it will stand over the next 5-10 years. I'm kind of glad I'm going with Wiley because sitting outside the top 1000 makes it a lot less likely that it will shoot up there. I didn't make the decision based primarily on popularity, but it's a nice side benefit.

I have a friend named Trinity who is 19. According to the social security list, in 1993 it was ranked 900 and in 2011 it was ranked 77. I haven't met anyone else with this name, but it's definitely not something that was common in 1993.

I also have a friend named Hailey who is 22. I know that that isn't a super uncommon name, but you don't hear many girls named any variation of it in their early 20s. Or at least I don't know any. In 1990, this spelling was ranked 293, and the only other two spellings of it (Haley and Haleigh) were ranked 108 and 962. So that has definitely gotten more popular since 1990.
    Chelsea
    just a 21 year old name nerd

Emma Catherine | Ella Rose | Olivia Claire | Grace Caroline | Ava Isobel
    Owen Jacob | Ronan Gabriel | William Levi | Evan Samuel | Henry Graham

Someone I work with has a 22 year old Ethan. My 8 year old nephew is Ethan, as is my partner's 9 year old nephew and there are 2 other Ethan's on my nephew's soccer team, not to mention all the other ones at his school. Seems like my colleague was ahead of the curve a little.

Quote Originally Posted by chelseams View Post
    I also have a friend named Hailey who is 22. I know that that isn't a super uncommon name, but you don't hear many girls named any variation of it in their early 20s. Or at least I don't know any. In 1990, this spelling was ranked 293, and the only other two spellings of it (Haley and Haleigh) were ranked 108 and 962. So that has definitely gotten more popular since 1990.
    I had a friend in high school named Haley who would be 30 now. At the time I thought the name was original, but I definitely think it's gotten more use since then.