Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bridget?

Bridget?

I have this love of the name Bridget, however the one thing holding me back is that I'm not very Irish. Some ancestors were Dutch but had children in Ireland, and I'm either Scottish or Irish on one side, but I don't know if that would be enough?

However I love the sound, the Goddess, and that it means the same thing as my name.

What does every one think?

Adele, Margot, Elsa & Henry, Felix, Oscar

I adore Bridget. I don't think you have to have a cultural tie to a name in order to use it, but it sounds like you do anyway. What really matters is that you love the name.
    My girls: Grace Patricia "Gracie Pat" & Eloise Martha "Elsie Mae"
    If we had a baby today: Moira Jane OR Desmond Walter
    Guys: Julian, Amos, Tobias, August, Silas, Peter
    Dolls: Iris, Marian, Hazel, Flora, Margo, Agnes

http://modernmonikers.wordpress.com

I love it & I'm no Irish! But my name & my hair color are so I think using an Irish name would be strange for me.

I find Bridget very wearable in the US on any girl.

I love the possibility of nn Bright!

I'm not to fond of the name. It sounds quite harsh to me for some reason. It reminds me of a broad woman. I've only ever known one Bridget and she was from a "very Irish" family. They called her Biddy for a nn.

I like it. I don't think it sounds overly Irish and that you shouldn't worry at all. It's a lovely name with a lovely association.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014