Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Ingrid?

Ingrid?

What does everyone think of Ingrid? I ran across it today and I'm rather smitten with it at the moment. Is it too dated or old fashioned? Any stand out opinions about it? I'm considering for both a FN or MN.

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

I want sooooo very badly to love it because I adore the variation on it of Ygritte (which as far as I can tell, was completely made up by George R. R Martin), but it's a little harsh to my ears. That said, I knew an Ingrid, and she was lovely, and she wore her name very well. I definitely think a little cutie could pull it off. If a little dark-haired Ingrid in pig tails came up to me, I just know I'd find it super refreshing. Also consider Sigrid.

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Gwendolen | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

I really like it. I know Ingrids in their 20s so it doesn't seem too old fashioned or dated. It certainly wasn't a name of the decade at any point if that makes sense.

I like PPs suggestion of Sigrid very much. Although the one I know (she is 18) - gets called Siggy, which being slang for cigarette isn't great.
    Loving: Lilith Delphine, Daphne Elisabeth, Eleanor Lilac and my GP Amaryllis Clio
    William Dougal, Rupert Theodore and my GP Augustin Sage

Celestia, Opal, Agatha, Mabel, Delphine, Lilith, Magnolia, Eleanor, Olympia, Harriet, Daphne, Nora, Tabitha, Lilac, Saffron, Wilhelmina, Clio, Amaryllis
    Vaughn, Sterling, Samson, Sage, Rupert, Hugo, August, Stellan, Dougal, Sydney, Theodore, William

I knew an Ingrid while growing up. She was Hispanic and that's the association I have with the name now. I think it's a little harsh sounding for a little girl.
    Good luck,
    Leigh

Married to my high school sweetheart
    Mother to Charles Nathaniel aka Charlie [1.26.09]
    Baby due [3.17.13]