Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by charliesmommy126 View Post
    I don't automatically think of the allergy medicine. I think if you named her something like NyQuil or Benadryl it would be strange but Allegra is still in name territory. For some reason it reminds me of music but my two year long career of violin in middle school doesn't really make me a credible source! I really like Allegra. It sounds soft but grounded. Smooth and whimsical but not over the top. The g makes it sturdy and strong. I say go for it!

You are very correct, Allegra is a musical term! (Or maybe it's technically Allegro?)

Thanks so much for your thoughts, making me feel better about the choice

@east93 I'd love to hear some of the combos you came up with, if you feel comfortable sharing

I really do love Allegra. I studied music as a child and have always loved it (the musical term is Allegro).
    Unfortunately the medication is so common now that it's over-the-counter that it''s a household name. I could never use it since I've been taking it daily for going on 4yrs

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

I did use Allegra, despite the allergy meds! My daughter is Willow Allegra. When we were searching for a middle name, we struck upon it, and I just couldn't let it go. We loved the meaning (joyous), and even after considering other names with similar meaning (Felicity, Joy, Beatrix etc), we kept coming back to Allegra. I'm so happy with the choice we made.

I love it and have it on my list of potential middles. However, my surname is spelled like the musical and from what I've learned from family members, it was originally spelled Allegra in Sicily. So for me, it would be more of a family name / way to honor my family.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell