Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Name to Me- Nevin

I love it when I encounter names I've never come across before that would be solid names. Here's one I'm quite surprised is not more common and well-known-- Nevin

What do you think of the name Nevin (seemingly equally as correct when spelled Nevan)? Pronounced like Kevin, but with an 'N'.

It's the English variation of the Gaelic/Celtic name Naomhán, meaning "little saint" or "little holy one", possibly also with Latin roots meaning "holy" or "servant of the saint's disciple".

I love the meaning of it, and I like the sound of it quite well. But I'm afraid of how similar it sounds to a handful of common names (Kevin, Evan, Devin, etc).

What are your thoughts about it?
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Nevin is my cousin's first name, but he goes by his middle name. I think it's ok, but not one I'm crazy about.

I am surprised I haven't hear it either. I actually really like it! It does sound similar to those other names, but I don't think "Nevin-rhymes-with-Kevin" or anything. It sounds like its own name.

The similarity to Kevin, Evan, Devin, etc. turns me off a bit. It makes Nevin feel less disttinctive than it actually is, if that makes sense.
    *Mother to twins Charles and Samuel*

My cats name is Nevin haha. It's not a name I would inflict on a human.
    Loving: Lilith Delphine, Daphne Elisabeth, Eleanor Lilac and my GP Amaryllis Clio
    William Dougal, Rupert Theodore and my GP Augustin Sage

Celestia, Opal, Agatha, Mabel, Delphine, Lilith, Magnolia, Eleanor, Olympia, Harriet, Daphne, Nora, Tabitha, Lilac, Saffron, Wilhelmina, Clio, Amaryllis
    Vaughn, Sterling, Samson, Sage, Rupert, Hugo, August, Stellan, Dougal, Sydney, Theodore, William