Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Red face Ruby vs. Sawyer! Need help with baby's name...

I'm due in June with a baby girl and I'm stuck on names so I'd love some input!

I LOVE Ruby, but I'm concerned it may have "peaked" like six years ago. Plus it's #75 in CA, so I'm also afraid it's too popular. I also love Sawyer, but I'm worried it's a trendy choice, and that it's similar to trendy names I dislike (Madison, Taylor, etc.). This is my first baby, so I don't quite have a gauge on what's popular in my area (SoCal). Which name do you like better?

We're also considering Miller, which may be more unique than Sawyer, but along the same lines. (However, I don't love the nn Millie.) My husband also likes Sailor (I think it's a bit much, though, considering we don't even own a boat and we're also thinking about Juniper. Last name starts with L and is hispanic, FYI, so can't consider L names or names that end in L. Any good, unique choices I'm overlooking that sound like Ruby or Sawyer? I like vintage, short, sassy, and (usually) boyish names

Thanks, everyone! I'm excited to finally post and get some input.

This is tough, Ruby and Sawyer are such different choices to me! But I like both. I don't think that Ruby peaked years ago, not at all... (but I'm over on the east coast). If anything, my worry with Ruby is that it's getting popular now and in the coming years may even get into the top spots with Lily, Ava, Emma, etc. Sawyer is cute. I do usually think boy for Sawyer but have heard it on a girl as well. In the hussel and bussel of my house, though, we always shorten everyone's names to one syllable (not intentionally, just happens!), and "Soy" puts me off a bit. Sailor is a GP of mine, I admit, but I've known two dogs so it's one of those names that's just out by association for me. Maybe a middle name? I like Juniper a lot though! And nn Junie just makes me swoon

A few more names that may be up your alley..

Linden (nn Linnie)

Hadley

Ivy

Auden

Morgan

Briar

Piper

Lila

Etta

Cassie

Scarlett (thinking Ruby.. I don't know!) haha

Just random thoughts but hope I could help.

I like Ruby better by a long shot.......it is a great name! How about Ruby Sawyer? I love Juniper, too!

I'm Just a teen berry who has a passion for names.

For the lovely Ladies: Fiona Alienor "Fia", Primrose Eliette "Prim", & Beatrice Ruth "Bea",

For the gallant Gents: Ellis Hadrian "Eli", Theodore Lane "Teddy", & Laurence Frost "Lars"

Ruby- This is the perfect short, spunky, vintage name. It's the first name that comes to mind with that description.
    Sawyer- I would rather see a popular name get used thank a trendy name. Sawyer has no substance and is definitely a boys name to me.
    Miller- I would not use this. Just think of all the beer jokes.
    Sailor- A bit strange and I'm not such a fan of occupational names for girls.
    Juniper- Love this! Different and unique but not weird.

My suggestions-

Short & Spunky-
    Ada
    Amelia
    Cora
    Lucy
    Lydia
    Elizabeth "Libby" "Betsy" "Betty"
    Nora
    Rose "Rosie"
    Stella
    Tess