Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does Aria seem too young?

I realised that Aria tends to sound much more like a child than an adult.

Does Aria seem very child like to you as well? Or could it work well on a 20+ year old?
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

I can see Aria aging well. There probably aren't a lot of adult Aria's NOW, but unlike a lot of the "new" names, this does not have that grating, awful "cutesy" sound to it. It's pretty and feminine but not in a cutesy or juvenile way.

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    I can see Aria aging well. There probably aren't a lot of adult Aria's NOW, but unlike a lot of the "new" names, this does not have that grating, awful "cutesy" sound to it. It's pretty and feminine but not in a cutesy or juvenile way.
    Yeah, Aria's usage really only started in the 20th century. I wonder if it'll end up being a dated kind of name like Jessica or Stephanie.
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

I think it's ok. It's got the same feel to me as Ariana or Amelia, which I can easily picture on a teen, a middle-age working women, and an elderly women.

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Mark ~ Samuel ~ Jeremy ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Evan
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by east93 View Post
    Yeah, Aria's usage really only started in the 20th century. I wonder if it'll end up being a dated kind of name like Jessica or Stephanie.

It *might*, only time will tell, but I don't think it's a bad choice at all - just like in theory, Jessica and Stephanie are not bad names, they will likely make their way back around with our children's children, lol. That's the way of names, I believe they come around every 100 years or so.