Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Number of letters in sibling names?

I was just curious to know what everyone's opinions are on the amount of letters/syllables/lengths of sibling names. My brother questioned how I planned on using the first name Alexander with potential brothers Mark, Evan, and Jack. Would this bother anyone else? Would you question a sib set like this? Say Luke, Max, Claire, and Gabriella?

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jeremy Shea ~ Nolan Jack ~ Conor Arlo ~ Evan Daniel ~ Samuel Mark
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Maura ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

I don't think many people would notice anything, and if Alexander is nicknamed Alex, then Evan balances out the two syllables. I think having the same syllables balances out names, but it's not a necessity. As for the number of letters, I wouldn't notice anything unless it was something like Maximillian and Io. But Alex, Jack, Mark and Evan are fine, and Alexander, Evan, Mark and Jack are ok to me.
    Hala
    Proud Mummy to Kyan & Connor xxx

I'm personally more into syllable count than letter count.

Personally I would not like having a 4 syllable first and a 1 syllable first in the same sibset, but that could just be my personal weirdnesses acting up. I'd prefer to stick to 1-2 or 3-4.

It would not bother me.

I have 2 children with 5 letters and 1 with 4 letters, so I am kind of tempted to get a 4 letter name for this one, but don't want to restrict myself. I could also go with syllables, I have 2 with 2 syllables and 1 with 1, so could look for another 1 syllable. Or if I could find a 4 letter name with one syllable it would be perfect. LOL

In reality, I'll worry more about finding names I love, rather than matching such silly criteria. But being a name geek I did notice the pattern.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.