Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I don't think there are a lot of dudes interested in names before there is an actual baby to name. My boyfriend is quite interested in names, but I don't think he knew about my extreme love for names before I got pregnant. When there is a pregnancy/adoption happening: Go to the bookshop or amazon or whatever, buy a baby name book and a marker and give it to him. You can't expect the guy to do that himself, it's just not going to happen. Give him a letter to start with and ask him to read through that chapter ("E" for example) and highlight the ones he like. If he's up to it, give him another marker for the "over my dead body" names. That is just as helpful. That will give you an idea of the names he likes, and then you can start suggesting. Asking an average man which names he likes is not a good idea, he'll just list the pretty girls from his school days. Good luck!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Thanks for the feedback, it's good to know most husbands are like mine in the naming aspect. I definitely don't push him, I know better than that! I can't complain too much, he has said yes to my top names for both a boy and a girl.
    Ben & Lainy

Violet Audrey Laine . Lola Felicity Kate . Daisy Elizabeth Joy

Archer Gregory James . Leo Benjamin North . Finnick Daniel Sage

I've gotten my husband into it to some degree.

I don't ask him what he likes from my list really but when I read thru the forums I'll ask his advice for other's questions like "if someone likes Samuel what girl names do you think they will like?"

He gets into it!

My husband would rarely indulge me in names-talk before a pregnancy. Even in early pregnancy, most of the time, he'd suggest actual names, straight from our huge baby names book, that he knew I would hate ("Cash Money" and "Assadassa"). No offense if anyone's child is named Cash (or Cash Money! or Assadassa!) but it's definitely not our style.

@lainy, I happened to make a poll for my husband, too! It magically showed up in his inbox one day. He took it, but still really isn't into the whole naming process yet.
    Mom to James Daniel (9), William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (baby)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")

To add to my comment he likes talking names but talking about names for our own future children kind of freaks him out unless we are actively trying to get pregnant. So maybe try to get him into trend forecasting & problem solving & if he is creative & in business maybe he eill get interested like my husband