Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which way of getting to "care-uh"?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cara

11 32.35%
  • Kara

7 20.59%
  • Caroline "Cara"

16 47.06%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Poll: Cara vs. Kara vs. Caroline "Cara"?

I love the name pronounced care-uh but I can never decide whether I like the C spelling, the K spelling, or Caroline with Cara as a nickname. What do you think? Thanks for the feedback!
    Audrey Cecilia - Jude Alexander - Christian Nathaniel - Violet Annabelle - Felicity Charlotte - and introducing Isaac Benjamin

My babies!

I know two teenagers, one spelled Kara and one spelled Cara but both pronounced CARE-A. Very pretty name. I like it much more than Caroline.

I chose Cara. No point in naming her Caroline if you plan to call her Cara, and it's gotten to the point now where every "K" name looks kreative.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

We have a Carolina. We sometimes call her Cara. I think Caroline with the nn of Cara is awesome. Also, if you do go with Caroline you've got other nickname options if they seem better suited to your daughter once she arrives. For instance, Callie, Lina, Caro, Roli, or Carli. If you want to go with just Cara/Kara, I'd say either spelling is good. Go with the one you like the look of more. I am not one who likes 'kreative' spellings but both Cara and Kara have long been 'real' names and I think you'd be okay going with either of them on that front. Good luck!
    Last edited by jaycn; January 7th, 2013 at 11:49 PM.

I love the nn Cara. I want to love it as a full name, but I feel like it just doesn't fit as well with my other favorites (which are all longer with cute nicknames). I think Caroline nn Cara is the perfect solution for that, although it makes me a bit sad that then Cara takes on the meaning of Caroline (free man) as opposed to what Cara originally means, "friend".

Caroline nn Cara gets my vote, but I'd love to see someone use Carolina nn Cara!
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus