Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Gemma with one or two middle names?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gemma Hermione

11 61.11%
  • Gemma Hermione Fleur

7 38.89%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Debating on adding a second middle name....even though I've never done that!

I'm pregnant with our last child. Picking a name was hard simply because I have so many loves out there still. I had my heart set on using Hermione or Fleur in the name. I finally decided on Gemma Hermione. But even while I am absolutely in love with the name, I'm still going to miss using Fleur, to the point that I'm actually worried I'll basically mourn it. I love how French it is, which I thought would be a nice tribute to her brother Remy Forrester, who passed away. Other siblings are: Aidan Mackenzie, Ava Dulcea, and Mia Isobel.

None of my other kids have two middle names, so would Gemma Hermione Fleur be too out of place even though it would have meaning to me?
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncy Baby Boy: Tristan LeMarque * Ambrose Galahad
    Little Lady: Genevieve Claire * Josephine Adele

1) there would be an obvious reference to Harry Potter, which anyone using Hermione would have to contend with, but combined with Fleur you'd be making things harder

2) honoring Remy is a wonderful idea. It seems like Fleur would have a deeper significance than Hermione which (please correct me if I'm wrong) you've selected simply because you like the sound of it.

Why not, then, Gemma Fleur? It's a bit more clipped than Gemma Hermione, but still flows well. It's sweet, and more in keeping with your other daughters' style.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

I love Gemma Hermione just as it is! I'm a big proponent of two MNs, but I think just Gemma Hermione is perfect. While @blade's suggestion seems to work best, Gemma Fleur just doesn't have the same spark as Gemma Hermione for me. I have absolutely no knowledge about Harry Potter, lol, except for that Hermione is a character in the books, so Gemma Hermione Fleur doesn't bother me in the least, and I think Fleur is a great way to honor Remy's memory. If you want to honor him (which I think is a very noble and lovely thing to do!), I would go for Gemma Hermione Fleur. It's lovely.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I don't know Harry Potter so not taking any reference into consideration...

Just on paper, I'd prefer Gemma Hermione to Gemma Hermione Fleur, I'm not much on double middles. Still, because this is your last child and you're worried about regret if you don't use it, I think I'd say go for it. It's a second middle name, tuck it in there on the birth certificate and you can either use it or not use it really, but have it there. The flow is still lovely and I don't think it's an issue that your other children have a single middle name.

I should've addressed the HP thing in my post. It's not an issue at all. I am a fan of the series, but I'm not fanatic by any means. I just happen to love two names that are used in the series. Not unlike Twilight! Great names there too!

Fleur I had liked before the series but of course Hermione was drawn from Harry Potter. It was actually Aidan's suggestion for Gemma's middle name and I fell in love! So while yes, I do love how it sounds, Hermione is also special since Aidan picked it.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncy Baby Boy: Tristan LeMarque * Ambrose Galahad
    Little Lady: Genevieve Claire * Josephine Adele