Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double name- Mary Morgan

We live in the south where double names are common. I know it's not for everyone, but I just wanted to get some feedback on this less common double name. I love Mary Elizabeth, but it's so predictable. Mary is my grandmother's name and Morgan is my husband's great grandmother's maiden name. We love that this double name will honor both sides of the family.
    What are your thoughts on Mary Morgan? Hyphen or no hyphen?

Big sister is Allison, nn Ally

I think that Mary Morgan is a really pretty name. I would definitely go for it! And it goes well with your other daughter's name. I would not use a hyphen, but that's just me.

I love Mary and I love the idea of a double name, but I really don't like Morgan. It sounds so 90s and I really don't like unisex names for girls. It's pretty drab next to Mary. Are there any other names from your husbands side you can use? If not I'd suggest-

Mary Grace
    Mary Helena
    Mary Catherine
    Mary Sara
    Good luck,
    Leigh

Married to my high school sweetheart
    Mother to Charles Nathaniel aka Charlie [1.26.09]
    Baby due [3.17.13]

I kinda like it. I'm not super fond of the whole idea of double names, but as they go I think Mary Morgan is a nice one. Though it does sound a bit like a first and last.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I like Mary Morgan, but because of the hard G sound, it's somewhat hard to say. I like the idea of honoring family though-- what about Margot, Margaret, Miriam, Marjolaine, Moira, Marian/Marion, Marianne, instead?