Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evita

Evita

Is Evita too much of a one person name?
    I once knew someone (other than Eva Peron) with the name so I don't think so, but what is the general opinion? Would you use it?
    Love,
    Zelda

Baby Cosima,
    expected to arrive in or around September

Eve is one of my favorite names, but when I look at Evita I see Evite. Maybe Yvette or Yvetta?
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Evita is one of my favorite names! I would use it on our daughter, but my husband thinks that anyone who saw her name before meeting her would assume she's Hispanic (which I think is silly). I also shy away from it because of the popularity of Eva/Ava. But it is such a beautiful name!

It's silly to have it as a full, formal name. Eva is very pretty though.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Thanks!
    It's a name I've always liked as a full formal name and a nn for Eva and it seemed to work for the girl I knew, but now when I mention it people don't seem to think it's suitable as a name. But I do tend to like some unusual names that some might consider not suitable for a child... Though I didn't think Evita was one of them.
    Love,
    Zelda

Baby Cosima,
    expected to arrive in or around September