Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    OK, if I can exercise the same amount of liberty with these family names as with the girls:

Alexis: Like Alastair & Alessio as true forms of the name. Greek for "defender." Could try the ancient Greek kingly name Amyntor, or a female Aminta, both of which mean 'defender.' If you want to go Scandinavian to honor both of your heritages, the "vard" element means "defender." Halvard = Norwegian for "rock guardian," (or Halvor); Alvard/Alvardo (again!) = elf guardian, which might be related to Olivier and get you a tree connection too. You could also use -mund/-mond names: Faramond, Wymond, Osmond, Asmund, Edmund, Ormond.

Aloysius: I think usable as is. Also Aloys, Loic, Alvise (Venetian form of Louis), Clovis (subtle nature connection via cloves). From the warrior meaning: Alvar (again), Einar, Ivor (yew + warrior), Rainier (2 birds with one stone there). Similar in sound: Alcide (French/Italian form of Greek Alceides, and a famous naturalist); Alcuin (a famous scholar in the court of Charlemagne; a Society dedicated to the Art of the Book); Alwyn (a river in Wales); Alaric possibly close.

Ilan: Arvid (eagle tree); Palmiro (both meaning 'pilgrim' as well as 'palm tree;' fabulous ancient city of Palmyra shares same roots); Arlo (barberry tree); Cheyne (medieval French for oak);. Similar sound: Ilario (Hilary); Ilian (Elias); Ilyas (Elias); Arland (Irish Gaelic for 'pledge, oath'); Bertalan (Hungarian form of Bartholomew); Callan (Irish: 'battle'); Stellan; Wayland/Wyland: *extremely* interesting figure in British folk mythology, famous as a smith of unsurpassable skill, also quite evocative name in modern English connoting journeys, wilderness ways, etc.

Ivan- love Ivo.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Girls: Anya, Leia, Maeve, Adelaide, Lelia, Belle, Daphne, Vada, Evangeline, Anneliese, Leda, Livia, Carys, Liana, Cleo, Piper, Elena, Mercedes
    Boys: Flynn, Isaac, Ronan, James, Alaric, Jude, Damian, Emmett, Gabriel, Henry, Lucas/Lucian, Arthur, Ian, Wyatt, Leo

Vote here: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9825806

I'm only going to comment on/list my favorites:

Alexis - I'm going to disagree with everyone else and say this is a handsome name for a boy, despite the shoulder-pad-soap-opera image the name unfortunately gained in the 80s. I guess it depends a lot on where you're living, but I've never been able to wrap my mind around it as a girl's name. If not Alexis, how about Alexei? Solid but without the baggage of Alexis.
    Altair
    Ambrose - I agree with those that have suggested Emrys, though. Ambrose is nice, Emrys is droolworthy.
    Casimir
    Cyrus
    Ephraim
    Hadrian
    Julian
    Lucius
    Orion
    Phineas
    Roland
    Roscoe
    Rufus
    Rupert - I really love this one.
    Tiberius
    Ulysses
    Virgil
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne

I used to have an ex boyfriend who loved the name Hector, so I had definitely considered it in the past. But whenever I brought it up to others, no one seemed to be able to see it as heroic and gave me crazy looks so I've been a bit turned away from it. I do love it though, I just wish more people would "get it" haha.

And Hadrian is honestly beautiful, I can't decide if I like that or Casimir better right now, they are both making me swoon every time I try to choose and it keeps ending in a tie. I don't think it would be a huge issue for a blonde baby, because obviously most people won't even think to consider the meaning, I was just making sure you had approved of that.

I do love the name Gabriel! I never even thought of it!
    I had to check! I'm sure if you've seen anything else I've ever posted on this site I probably suggested it there as well, haha. I think I got distracted when you were first considering Orion because that is the mn I dream of using with it. But Gabriel really is my favorite name of all time, or at least since I was very young, and started my preference for boys names over girls. It is so sweet and (forgive me) angelic and kind of "the one that got away" for me which is why I slightly favor it instead of Remiel (which is also amazing as well, and definitely more exotic). I picture the sweet little blonde, rosy-cheeked, light-eyed baby from 'The Giver' and it warms my heart. =]

Though I loved your previous lists, they where so original!!
    I do like these off your current one,
    Casimir - never heard it before, but sounds wonderful!
    Evander
    Orion
    Tiberius
    Niamh Ethna Patricia, 20. Fashion student from Liverpool, UK. In a serious relationship but not looking to procreate yet!
    Ariadne Silmarien Thisbe - Epipole Lothlorien Sansa - Tinuviel Polaris Andromeda - Illyria Lorelei Mnemosyne
    Klaus Oberon Faramir - Lupo Endymion Wolf - Casimir Perseus Apollo - Silas Arlo Earendil