Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ralph

Ralph

What do you think of Ralph pronounced as 'rafe', and what do you think of Ralph pronounced as it looks? Which do you prefer? Do you think Ralph pronounced as it looks is usable today or too old-manish?
    Boys
    Stellan Matthias, Felix Graham, Malcolm Elias, Isaac Noel, Beckett Mattew, Charles Edmund (Charlie), Jude, James Wesley (Jamie), and Thomas Lloyd.
    Considering Archer, Christian, Peter, Orion, Samuel, Quentin, and Alasdair

Girls
    Helena Isabel, Philippa Mary (Pippa), Alice Bryony, Rosamund Lark (Rose), Caroline Eva, Freya Madeline, Beatrix Laura, and Diana.
    Considering Violet and Adelaide.

{my listography}

I'm quite fond of Raul and Raoul, and fond of Raphael nickname Rafe, but I am not quite ready for Ralph. Though the Rafe pronunciation is the more pleasant of the two.

I'm not keen on Ralph I must admit. Rafe is better.

Love the name! As an Aussie, I've only heard of the one pronunciation which is how it is spelled. How is the "upper class" version pronounced?

I prefer the pronunciation of Ralph how it's spelled. I've never heard it any other way. I like one-syllable "old-mannish" names like this. To me, Ralph, although somewhat old-fashioned, can still work today. I would love to see more little Ralphs because of it's underuse. I also really like Clive, Clyde, and Claude.