Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Susannah

Exclamation Susannah

Our second and last baby is due this March and we think we've decided on our final two names and we will just bring them to the hospital with us. I have a guilty pleasure name, as I'm sure we all do, and I feel like if I don't use it, I'll have name remorse when she gets here. I LOVE Susannah. I just find it so soft and subtle but still grounded. I haven't brought up the name because I feel like it will be shot down by my husband. Do you think Susannah is usable? Can you give me some middle name ideas? I like the idea of having two middle names. Here is a list of names we like- http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...arlie-s-sister
    We aren't limited to just those names but they would probably ease my husband into letting me use the name. We have a son named Charles Nathaniel "Charlie"

Has anybody else ran into this problem? Did it work out for you?
    Just for fun- What's your guilty pleasure name?
    Good luck,
    Leigh

Married to my high school sweetheart
    Mother to Charles Nathaniel aka Charlie [1.26.09]
    Baby due [3.17.13]

Susannah Mae Eden or Susannah Eden Mae would be my top two picks using your choices.

Personally, I wouldn't hold back on mentioning it. If it's one of your favorites, I'd at least throw it out there.

I guess my guilty pleasure name would be Indiana. I LOVE it for a girl. However, I'd never actually use it because I'm not an Indiana State fan and I don't have a reason to be a particular fan of the state in general. That and the whole Indiana Jones making the name feel more manly than feminine for most people. However, I love the sound, flow, nicknames and everything else about Indiana. However, due to the reasons I mentioned, it will most probably stay just a 'guilty pleasure' and I wouldn't ever use it.

I love Susannah! I think it feels like a nice, comfy, homemade quilt of a name. You should definitely mention it. If you're both unsure of the two names you've chosen, maybe this one would break the tie. Also, it has "Anna" in it, which is one of your family names and part of one of his favorite names, and it means "Lily," which is on his list.

From your list, I like

Susannah Elizabeth Mae
    Susannah Violet Eve
    Susannah Caroline Mae
    Current Favorites

Girls: Susannah, Mahalia, Tosca, Cassia, Jerusha, Jewel, Rose, Dove, Kate, and Eve
    Boys: Gideon, Gabriel, Rafael, Dominic, Benedict, Sam, Desmond, Theodore, Tobias, and Sebastian
    Guilty Pleasures: Aurelia, Cosima, Eowyn, Neytiri, Rukia / Remy, Gryffin, Gareth, Eddard, and Judah

Susannah is definitely the most usable Sue name, I would think. It does have a sweet sound to it and would seem a little refreshing now days to hear it.

I think it's a great name.