Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ancient Names with Modern Usability

I'm a fan of ancient names, and am on the look-out for some more (I seem to have a particular affinity for Latin/Greek names). In fact, the majority of our most likely names right now are very ancient (Caius, Amias, Darius, etc).
    However, I wanna make sure we don't miss the perfect name, so I thought I'd see if anyone in the nameberry world has some knowledge of some other ancient names that would make for great baby boy names.

Any and all names are welcomed, I'd love it if this post were to result in a big ole' list of names I haven't yet encountered.

Some of the ones I've found that I quite like include:

Latin:
    Lucius
    Amias
    Caius/Gaius
    Augustus
    Amadeus
    Atticus
    Cassius
    Claudius
    Cornelius
    Cadmus
    Evander
    Ignatius
    Thaddaeus
    Thelonius
    Theodorus
    Celio

Greek:
    Adonis
    Atlas
    Atreus
    Demetrius
    Orion
    Philemon
    Philon
    Zephyr

anyone have any other ancient names that'd work?

Here are some ancient names that I like: Felix, Cassius, Lysander, Augustus, Rufus and Lucius.

Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne

Well I feel like I'm in the right place as I adore all of: Augustus, Cassius, Evander, Thaddaeus, Atlas, and Demetrius.

Some of my other favourites:
    Cyrus - ancient Greek form of a Persian name. Used by Persians and Jews pretty continuously since then, and by English speakers since the Purtans.
    Lysander - Greek
    Leander - Greek
    Hadrian - Roman
    Crispus - Roman
    Decimus - Roman.
    Leonidas - Greek
    Silas - Greek
    Felix - Roman
    Phineas/Phinehas - A bit of etymological origami - a Latin translation of a Hebrew name that was itself a translation of an Egyptian name.