Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Talking Etta Valencia or Phoebe Clementine?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Nameberry (well, I have been reading here lots for the last few months but new to posting!). We are expecting our first baby in two weeks, a little girl. We have been umming and aahing about names for months and I always thought it was going to get easier the closer we got to the big day - but it hasn't! We have our general list of favourites: Eva, Ottilie, Phoebe, Juliet and Olive, but as yet haven't managed to pin it down on one name. I love the suggestions on here and it would be great to see what you all think. Currently, the two biggest contenders are:

Etta Valencia (she would officially be Juliet, but known as Etta. Valencia has special meaning as it is where I met my partner many years ago, and I love the meaning 'brave/strong')

or

Phoebe Clementine (again, I love the meaning of both names, and think that the name has a really lovely 'happy' sort of vibe.)

My partner prefers Etta Valencia but he is quite flexible. I'd love to hear other combinations that you think would work well, as well as which you prefer out of those two options!

Oh and we have a very traditional surname - begins with C, two syllables.

Thanks!

Beautiful names! I do like Juliet Valencia "Connor" JVC ... Etta is adorable.. I lie it because the names have a rhythmatic flow and Etta feels at home with a 2 syllable last name... congrats

Of these two combo's I am leaning more towards Phoebe Clementine because I like Phoebe and I love Clementine. Whereas, in the first combo I love Etta but I really don't like Valencia (although, the meaning behind it is sweet).

I've only just read that Etta will actually be Juliet so that pushes me more towards Phoebe again. I was going to suggest Etta Clementine as it looks and sounds adorable but then if you say it quickly it sounds like "ate a Clementine" so I guess that idea is out.

My favourite of the names on your list is definitely Ottilie, it's so beautiful and underused. Ottilie Juliet or Ottilie Clementine would be adorable. Ottilie Valencia works too and I prefer this to Juliet Valencia.

Eva Ottilie would be adorable too.

Both Juliet Valencia and Phoebe Clementine are lovely so you really can't go wrong. You could just go with whichever one you think she looks like once she arrives!

I like Juliet Valencia nn Etta the best but, your other names are great too.
    Theodore Arthur