Names Searched Right Now:

Need your help in naming our baby girl!!!

Hi berries,

We have created a short-list of first and middle names and I would really appreciate your feedback on them! I am looking for a longer, more feminine name that can be shortened to a cute nickname. Big sister's name is Sofia

Emmanuelle Lucia (Emmylu)
    Theodora Rose (Teddy)
    Lucia Alexandra (Lu)

Thanks!

I like Lucia (pronounced LOO-SEE-AH) But it seems too close to Sofia for me..

Emannuelle Lucia is too much of a name for me... Emmy is cute but there are lots of emmy's right now with all the Emily's out there...

Theodora is very cute but I personally prefer Thea as a Nick name!

Suggestions..

Dorothea
    Eleanora
    evangeline
    Genevieve
    Francesca
    Valentina
    Giovanna
    boys names drive me crazy!

Beautiful short list. I have to agree, I think Lucia and Sofia are a bit too close. Of the other two, Theodora Rose is perfect, no tweaks to suggest. Emmanuelle is a ravishing name, but it is 4 syllables long. Perhaps you could shorten the middle to another "light" name, just to make it a bit more digestible? I like Emmanuelle Lucine.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

How funny! When I was in middle school, I told everyone that I was going to have a daughter named Emmanuelle Rose, nn Emmy or Elle. That was over 10 years ago and I still love the name Emmanuelle. I agree with Blade that Lucia may be a bit long to go with the four syllable fn, especially if you have a longer last name.

I don't love the name Theodora, but Theodora Rose is quite beautiful. Lucia is quite similar to Sofia, but could work if you really love it.
    Loving right now:
    Eulalie Catharina, Beatrix Eveline, Cecily Morgana
    Ivo Marius, Euan Casper, Remy Nathaneal, Crispin Adair