Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Names Needed

Names Needed

I just checked the top 1000 names for England & Wales and it turns out a lot of my favourites are in the top 50-100 {aka too popular}. I'm not really feeling any of my favourites anymore anyway. Previously they were Alice, Penelope, Clara, Amelia, Clara, Edith, William, Hugo, Jasper, Asa, Morgan {b}. Based on those do you have any suggestions that might like? US popularity isn't a huge issue, but UK popularity is {and the two lists are very different}. Thank you!

Hi there. I like a lot of the names of your list - I used them to help me brainstorm alternatives. Hope this helps:

Alternatives to Alice: Eliana, Amabelle, Annabel, Anya, Ani, Anouck, Annick, Estelle, Estella, Elise, Elsie, Elke, Estee, Lena.
    Alternctives to Penelope: Nora, Lola, Penny, Prudence, Prue, Nelle, Nessa, Neve, Delphine, Daphne, Thea.
    Alternatives to Clara: Lana, Lara, Clark, Clementine, Celine, Celeste, Cecily, Celia, Cecilia, Eliza.
    Alternatives to Amelia: Milena, Mila, Emilia, Milana, Lana, Adela, Delia, Marni, Marguerite, Agatha, Nina.
    Instead of Edith, what about Iris, Eden, Elin, Marion or Gloria?

For boys, what about:
    Instead of Asa (which I love), what about Ivo, Eli, Otto, Otis, Orin, Odin, Ari, Issaih or Issac?
    Instead of Hugo, what about Matteo, Maximo, Leo, Laszlo, Heath or Holden?
    Instead of Jasper, maybe Casper, Caspian, Justus, Johan, Jonas?
    Instead of William, George, Henrik, Frederic, Anders, Everett, Conrad or Cormac?
    Instead of Morgan, perhaps Parker or Logan or Leland or Landon or Easton or Corbin?

Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I can understand wanting to reevaluate a favorites list because you're falling out of love with it. I'd just caution not to throw out a name you like because it's in the UK top 100 list.

Alternatives for Girls: Sylvia, Sybil, Jolene, Mirabel, Aurelia, Loretta, and Penrose

Alternatives for boys: Nicholas, Julian, Emmett, Erich, and Anton
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...