Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I like surnames as firsts, but usually only on boys (Parker is a favorite of mine, for a boy). Probably ever since I saw Fitzwilliam Darcy I've reserved surnames for boys I'm a big fan of girly names too (Celestia is a new fave), so even Madison and Addison are masculine to me.
    The only awkward thing would be if your last name is an established first. (i.e., a child named Parker James)
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence and so many many more

I think my last name is better-known as a first name, but isn't overly common for either.

I hate surnames as first names for girls - feels so darned masculine and I find the huge majority to be incredibly ugly. I like O ending names, too - but definitely not those.

It's definitely trendy, but I kinda like it--though it depends on the name.

I would definitely avoid it if your last name sounds like a first name. I went to high school with a McKenna Jack and he (yes, a boy named McKenna) was forever having to correct people for "fixing" his name and making it Jack McKenna.

I like it mostly for boys, I don't know very many that sound well on girls.

I love:
    Anderson
    Bennett
    Calvin
    Finley
    Heath
    Hudson
    Knox
    Webster
    York

The only one I can think of for girls is Darcy
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve