Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Darcy?

Question Darcy?

Tried to find a recent thread to post this on, but there wasn't one so I made a new one. Hope nobody minds. I have always loved the name Darcy for a boy, but have had a hard time picturing it on a boy and imagery is very important to me. However, I am currently watching Britain's Got Talent and there was a very sexy, young magician from Canada called Darcy. I was so happy to see a real life, male Darcy! And such a good looking one at that!

So what do you think of the name Darcy for a boy? What kind of imagery do you see?

PS: Sorry for any typos, I'm on my tablet. I did proof read, honest!

I've never met anyone called Darcy, maybe that's why it feels completely unisex to me. I can imagine it on both a girl and a boy. The girl I imagine has golden curls, is sweet, playful and laughs a lot. Boy Darcy has dark brown hair, is a quiet and serious child who likes to draw.

Although it's not something I'd use myself, I like Darcy on both boys and girls.
    polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

clementineastridsidoniaottoline
    felixsebastianmiloatticus

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire

The first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name is of course Mr. Darcy from the classic novel Pride and Prejudice. Which is probably why the name feels so old-fashioned and vintage to me. I'm not sure if that's exactly the kind of image you were going for, but nevertheless I think the name Darcy is very cute.
    Last edited by cocowhite; April 19th, 2014 at 06:23 PM.

Of course Darcy reminds me of Mr Darcy from 'Pride and Prejudice' which is probably why it's all boy to me. I can always imagine a really well dressed man or boy, straight out of the regency period, who's quite shy, quiet, reserved, and polite. But he would be more open, energetic, and caring towards people he knows well. And I basically just described myself (minus the well dressed bit :P). I love Darcy for a little boy, maybe with dark curly hair (my ideal son), and a creative streak. I think it's so adorable, and I'd love to meet a little Darcy!
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ ClioVictorianaBelladonnaFabianJayHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

I think of Darcy as a boys name! Go for it, it's a lovely name! Maybe go with a definite males mn, like:
    Darcy James
    Darcy Matthew
    GIRLS
    River | Luna | Ezri | Winter | April | Lyra | Annika (Anni) | Piper

BOYS
    Atlas | Miles | Hunter | Casper | Indiana | Jem