• Georgiana Moran

7 41.18%
  • Ivy McMurray

5 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Story Ideas

Story Ideas

I have five different story ideas and I need help with choosing which one to work on, I'll give you the main character's name and a basic idea of the plot and you could vote

Jin Chensi - Chensi Jin is a nineteen year old girl who runs from her small town when her parents have a boy and want to keep him and have to get rid of her to do that. Jin runs to until she caught on the border of Tibet and brought Kongqi by a group of nomadic beggars. Jin begs by singing mantras and selling flowers. She lives like this for months until she is attack by the leader of the nomads who wants more money than she’s giving him and she’s saved by a buddhist monk, Laoshi, and his fiance a girl from town, Zhu Kun. Laoshi invites her to come and stay at the temple with his family and others Laoshi and his father had saved, Puji, Chuju, Xintu, Yanjuan & Ren. The more time Jin spends at the temple the more she falls in love with it’s beauty, Buddhism’s kindness and Laoshi himself

Vera Tandova - In 1854 three Russian brothers, Ivan, Alexander & Dimitri, were sent of to the Crimea to fight for the Czar, a year later only one survives. Vera Tandova, their youngest sister sets out alone to find the survivor and bring him home. But when saving her brother means siding with the enemy will she be able to swallow her pride and save her brother.

Georgiana Moran - 1904 Georgiana Moran with thousands of other Britons is in morning of London's first superhero, Sherlock Holmes. Most are simply fans, holmesians as they call themselves, but Miss Moran is an acolyte studying his methods and going into buisness on her own with a hijacked Dr. Watson in her friend Eliza Jordan. She takes on small cases, building up experience, until Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's daughter is kidnapped and Miss Moran offer to safe her in return for Sherlock rising from the Falls.

Anna Healy - Anna Healy and Kellan Johnson were born army brats, Anna's father disapered in Vietnam months before she was born and is raised by her mother until she was sent to Korea when Anna was three and she changed hands again. Kellan and his sister Jocasta were the children of marine raised to be marines. The story follows Anna and Kellan's life and struggles through war, loss and adjustment to peace.

Ivy McMurray - Miss Ivy McMurray was just about to close up shop when in from the dark Chicago streets walked the strangest man she had ever met with the oddest question on his lips, what's the date. With him she goes on a series of time traveling adventures.
    Boys: William Thomas | James Malcolm | Elias Christian | Vincent Theo | Joshua Benedict
    Girls: Alice Genevieve | Miranda Yvaine | Ivy Arabella | Clara Josephine | Celia Arianwyn
    Guilty Pleasures: Eglantine | Oisín | Zipporah | Étienne | Mitzi | Lidewij

They all sound good, but it looks like the first one is the most developed. Out of all of them, I think I like the first two better. Good luck!
    Wife to DH, the very handsome Casey who always makes me laugh.

Soon-to-be first-time mother - little ones on the way.

I like them all, really. I think you should work on each one a little bit individually, then focus one the one you had more ideas for, putting the others aside until you can add more to them. Good luck!

I like the Georgiana Moran one the best and find it the most interesting. But that's just my opinion. I agree that the first one seems the most developed, but that doesn't seem a problem; if you want to focus on another you just have a bit more to write. They all look very good, but if I saw the five of them lined up on a shelf at Chapters and read the blurbs on the backs, the third one is the one I would pick up and read.
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

I really like #2, though it doesn't feel fleshed out yet.

#1 suffers from a fatal logical flaw, right at the beginning-- if a family were to have a second child in modern China, they would simply pay a fine. A son after a daughter is especially 'nudge nudge wink wink.' if this is set farther back in time, her parents would simply have married her off, not thrown her out.

The army brats story seemed the least interesting.

I really liked the Georgians Moran idea-- very original. Not sure wha the hijacked Dr Watson meant-- is he a real person in this universe?

Ivy McMurray seemed the least developed. Your synopsis said, essentially, 'I will write a time travel story.'
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq