Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face I'd really love some naming help...

So hey fellow berries! (can you tell I'm new already?)

I'd really like some help with naming a few (ok, a few more than a few) of my new book characters. They are as follows:

Main Character (boy) - bright, adventurous, but not buff or anything like a jock. He does diving but doesn't attend meets. He's the Hero of Elsgood but if he could be labeled as anything, he's unsure, insecure, and unheroic. However, he has the uncanny ability to see through people and lift people up when he is feeling down. I'm looking for names like Felix or Evan for him.

Co-main (girl) - the daughter of the queen (see below), an overachieving admiral in the Elsgood Navy, black belt holder in Tae-Kwon-Do and Kung fu, and a master equestrian. she has ice-blue hair always in a ponytail and pale skin. She's very loud and outgoing but reserved and cautious towards people she doesn't know. On a side note, I'd prefer longer names (Andromeda, Nymphadora) - sort of Harry Potter type names for her. But don't use ones already in the books! And also, if you could find ones with shorter nicknames that would be PERFECT. :razz:

Co-main (boy) - he's kind of crazy (think Luna Lovegood-type) but has the sweetest heart. He's always the peacemaker and keeps spirits light. He's kind of gullible, though, and believes what people tell him. He doesn't originate from Elsgood (He comes from the faraway land of Warmsprint) but it's his home now. For names, I'm looking for classy names (think Alexander, Daniel)

Antagonist (girl) - very beautiful, seductive, disguises herself as part of the group. I was thinking something very long (Russian?) but with a short, applicable version (Anna) to use with the group.

And lastly, I need a poll for the Queen. It will either be Madeira, Nadine, Elvira, or Ophelia.

Thanks so much!
    izzypanda7
    Isabella P

Favorite Boys Names: Collins Jude, Benjamin Thomas
    Favorite Girls Names: Athena Frances, Ophelia Judith, Eloise Katrin, Callista Fay, Jessamine Aria

I'm a teenberry with an unhealthy disorder of Name Addiction only curable by a potion of Nameberries.

MC- I really like Felix. I would suggest Evander, Reuben, Blaine and Roman.
    Co main(girl)- I think Andromeda fits her very well. Others I suggest are Desdemona nn Mona, Artemis, Calliope, Oceane, and Echo.
    Co main(boy)- I think Alexander and Daniel could be a bit forgetable. Classic but more uncommon names are Ezra, Nathaniel, Saul, Emmanuel, and Julian.
    Antagonist- The first thing that came to mind was Anastasia. Some names that can be shortened are Katerina nn Kat, Valentina nn Val/Tina, Filomena nn Mena, and Tatian(n)a nn Tati/Ana. Others are Nadia, Lida and Galina.
    Queen- I like Madeira and its unusualness. My second favoriet would be Elvira.
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

Quote Originally Posted by marinadancel17 View Post
    MC- I really like Felix. I would suggest Evander, Reuben, Blaine and Roman.
    Co main(girl)- I think Andromeda fits her very well. Others I suggest are Desdemona nn Mona, Artemis, Calliope, Oceane, and Echo.
    Co main(boy)- I think Alexander and Daniel could be a bit forgetable. Classic but more uncommon names are Ezra, Nathaniel, Saul, Emmanuel, and Julian.
    Antagonist- The first thing that came to mind was Anastasia. Some names that can be shortened are Katerina nn Kat, Valentina nn Val/Tina, Filomena nn Mena, and Tatian(n)a nn Tati/Ana. Others are Nadia, Lida and Galina.
    Queen- I like Madeira and its unusualness. My second favoriet would be Elvira.
    I like Felix a lot as well. I also like Roman, but I don't think it would fit with the story...
    I agree with Andromeda (nn Andy?) but it was used as a minor character in Harry Potter... opinions?
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ezra. But I'm not sure whether it would fit well with the rest of the names.
    I was originally going for Anastasia nn Anna, but I didn't want both girls to have "a" names. I like Filomena nn Mena though...
    And for the Queen I was originally between Madeira and Elvira.... I'll have to think about it.

Thanks so much for the help! :razz:
    Isabella P

Favorite Boys Names: Collins Jude, Benjamin Thomas
    Favorite Girls Names: Athena Frances, Ophelia Judith, Eloise Katrin, Callista Fay, Jessamine Aria

I'm a teenberry with an unhealthy disorder of Name Addiction only curable by a potion of Nameberries.

IIts me again!

Just answering your question about Andromeda. I have no recollection of an Andromeda in HP but then again I was in 3rd grade when I read them. (I know I was waaaaay to young to understand them!) Haha anyways, I think it'd be fine, but if you're still not sure, maybe a poll?
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

Yes, Andromeda is in the Series, she's Narcissa Malfoy's elder sister. She's never really present in the books, but she's mentioned a few times.

Other names that you might like:
    Phaedra
    Persephone
    Cassiopeia
    Laurel - 21 - Toronto