Names Searched Right Now:
Page 505 of 660 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 503 504 505 506 507 515 555 605 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,525 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

Hi lovelies!

Thanks for your thoughts on vitamins, I'm going to go out tomorrow and buy some zinc and a general multi for my partner. Now to get him to take them

@frangipani, hoping that this is your month, it's not over til AF arrives, keep us posted!

@alzora, not that I know what being pregnant feels like but from what I've heard it can feel like PMS; hoping that is what your feeling! fingers and toes crossed!

@betty, where abouts in Australia are you? It's always lovely to meet other Aussies on Nameberry as for book suggestions here are a few of my recent favourites (not pregnancy/ttc related): Rosie Project by Graeme Simison, The Dinner by Herman Koch, Swords and Crowns and Rings by Ruth Park (my absolute fav book I've read this year), any of Gillian Flynn's books (thriller/crime) but very easy to read, Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell..... I'm sure more will come to me later but these are the ones that stood out

@everyone else in their 2ww, hoping and praying and wishing you BFPs :0 I agree with the pps that we are really due for some good news!
    TTC #1

@alzora Thank you. I'm going to look into that website! My husband and I want to go through the state and foster to adopt, which is a brutal heart-breaking process. I want a bit of an older child (4-6). He wants a younger child (1-3). So, we'll see. This is going to sound silly, but I don't want a baby of bf age that I can't bf. I know, I know. It's ridiculous. I would just feel like I'm missing out.

@frangipani It does get easier in a lot of ways. It just becomes part of routine. The first 6 months were the hardest for me (though I hope you don't ever have to know that personally). I'm praying for a BFP for you!!! My cousin, best friend and another dear friend of mine all get a BFP on their 2nd month of TTC, so it can happen )
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry

So AF showed up last night/this morning after two days of spotting that got my hopes up.

I just had an interesting thought I thought I'd share/get your reactions to, although it's a little hard to explain. Looking back at my charts on Fertility Friend, it looks to me like In April, the cycle when I was pregnant, I was already pregnant. That is, I think I actually conceived mid-March. At the end of my March cycle, after a 9-day luteal phase (short even for me), I bled lightly for four days, a bit shorter and lighter than my usual period. After that bleed, which Fertility Friend counted as a period and beginning of a new cycle, I had positive OPKs straight from the first time I tested- CD 6 according to fertility friend- to CD 20 when I also did an HPT for the first time and got a positive. OPKs can pick up the pregnancy hormone. Plus, even though Fertility Friend's algorithm tried to denote an ovulation and base line, the ov day involves a minor and not sustained temp hike, and the base line is at 98.2, much higher than ALL the baselines of all my other cycles, which are at 97.6.

So I know that implantation bleeding can sometimes be mistaken for a period, but I don't really think that's what this was, given it lasted 4 days and was light flow, not spotting. I've been looking around, and it looks like you can get your period even if you're pregnant, especially if you have a short luteal phase. How it works is that the fertilized egg implants so close to the time of your period that you don't produce the level of hormones needed to halt your pregnancy. So if the egg can manage to hang on even though you're bleeding, in a few days, you start producing enough hormone that your period stops. And then you're still pregnant. I really think that might be what happened to me. Apparently some women even get their periods at the usual time each month well into pregnancy, which just sounds awful.

Just thought I'd put that out there and see what you think. Of course, the irrational part of me is hoping that's also the case with this period, but I'm pretty sure that's just wishful thinking and denial. I took an HPT this morning even though I'm bleeding, and it was negative.

I don't want to prolong the agony of uncertainty and raise false hopes. But at the same time, I feel like it's something to be aware of. Or skeptical of as the case may be. WDYT?

@alzora - I don't experience any cramping before my period at all. I usually only have cramps on the day my period starts, then they're gone. Before my period, I usually feel achy in my back and shoulders and I break out a few days before.

@nowakasia - Glad you have some fun Labor Day plans to get your mind off of things! This afternoon, I'm leaving to go on a little getaway with my brother and sisters. It's sort of a tradition- we've done it for the past 5 years or so. Since it looks like I'm not going to be ovulating this weekend like I expected, this will be a good way for me to take a breather and catch up with my family.

@bettydogooder - I'm sort of a book junkie, so I do have a lot of suggestions! I read all the time to escape from all the stress of TTC. It really helps! Here are some of my favorite books I've read recently: Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes, Helen of Troy by Margaret George, The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman, Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks, The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin, and Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt. Some classic books that are worth reading (if you haven't already read them!) are Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, and Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.

No great news from me. I'm on CD26. I've done OPKs for the past 5 days and all have come back negative. Looks like ovulation will be late this cycle. Great.
    Vanessa
    due with first child 08/17/14

caine, calloway, clark, boyd, declan, evander, flynn, graham, heath, ian, innes, jared, kent, kieran, lawrence, lewis, linden, marcus, oscar, rhys, robert, sage, soren, wade
    anne, annika, anya, ashelia, astrid, augusta, beatrix, bonnie, catherine, cecily, clara, cordelia, della, eileen, elsa, eulalia, freya, helena, henrietta, india, jane, julia, linnea, liv, louisa, mabel, magnolia, margaret, margot, matilda, melanie, nell, rose, tallulah

@Frangipani, oooh that sounds so hopeful! Maybe you will be our next BFP!

@December, thank you for the encouragement. It's always nice to hear an optimistic perspective!

@Casi, I have heard that foster to adopt can be rough. But international adoption is no piece of cake either ($$$!), so I guess there is no easy way to do it. (Oh, and a lady from that orphan hosting program already wrote back to me...on a holiday weekend!)

@Daisychain, I'm sorry to hear that your period came. Has it gotten very heavy? If it remains light, you might have good reason to hold out hope. My husband has a hard time accepting it when my period comes each month, so he often reminds me that maybe I am still pregnant anyway. So far that has not been the case for me, but hey, it happens!

@Vanessa, a late ovulation sucks. Do you have any cervical mucus yet? I hope your fertile window comes soon!

I am 11 or 12 DPO. My libido is rising (always does before my period), my breast soreness is fading, and my cramps continue. Still crying at least once a day. It's not looking good, but it's not over yet.