Names Searched Right Now:
Page 451 of 660 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 501 551 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,255 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

Hi,

I'm relatively new to this forum. Most of my posts have been baby name game posts. Yesterday was our first apt with the OB/GYN. My dr. prescribed PregVit Folic 5 and Metformin.

I had my last period in February 2013 and before that in July 2012. My DH and I got married in February 2013. We have been TTC since March 2013. We originally thought that my periods were gone because of wedding stress. Over the months I occasionally spot for a day or so.

MOnday I was having some spotting but nothing serious. Yesterday I had no spotting. Today I am bleeding/spotting significantly more.
    I started the drugs last night after I ate dinner. Do you think that I am getting a period already or is this just spotting?

Tiffany

Quote Originally Posted by alzora View Post
    @Sophie, I tried to pinpoint ovulation right from the beginning, but I was pretty stupid back in those days and did it all wrong. I was basing it solely on the calendar, but my cycle is irregular, so that doesn't work! I then began focusing on cervical mucus, but wasn't well versed on which mucus is the most fertile. I think I did a fairly good job at assessing it though. Now I've been using ovulation tests for a few months, and they're wonderful. I finally feel like I'm doing it right. I think it's fine that you're trying to hit the right time. It gives you a huge advantage in the TTC process and can save you months of heartache.
    I'm just doing it by calendar at the moment but I do think it's a sort of hit and miss way of doing it as I've been on the pill so long so I'm not overly sure of my cycle length. We're just trying to have sex every couple of days this cycle and then hopefully I'll get to know my cycle length (best result would be getting pregnant this month but trying not to get my hopes up!)

I'd love to be part of the Facebook group
    Married my best friend 19/09/2011
    TTC our first

Favourite Girls; Amelie, Ava, Elise, Evelyn, Everly, Isla
    Chosen Name (at the moment!) Felicity Susan

Favourite Boys; Connor, Darcy, Ethan, Noah, Seth
    Chosen Name (at the moment!) Noah Philip

Quote Originally Posted by cosmonaut View Post
    ...Probably watching the movie Annie too much as a kid : )
    YES! Me too! Also, Little House on the Priarie. Did you grow up watching that? There is a ton of adoption on that show--Albert, James, Cassandra, Nancy, Jenny, a few minor characters, plus some of the main actors were adopted in real life.

International adoption is definitely expensive, and I'll be honest, we don't have a cent to put toward it. However, I'm a Christian, and I believe that God loves orphans and put the desire in my heart to raise one, so I have full confidence that He will provide 100% of the funds. How did you like private domestic adoption? Did you have a long wait? Were you afraid of the baby's mother changing her mind at the last minute? Were you concerned about whether she was taking care of herself and your unborn child during the pregnancy?

I love that you are a multiracial family. We are definitely open to adopting a child of any race, though I currently have my eye on adopting from Bulgaria where the children are of Roma descent. We're also considering South Korea. I'm a bit worried about the fact that I live in a predominantly white area, so a child of a different race would definitely feel the difference every single day of his or her life, but we could face that together.

I've also considered adoption from foster care. Have you tried to adopt any of the others that you housed, or is this 18-month-old the first? I've heard that adopting through foster care can be quite a tumultuous process. How has the process gone for you?

I love your reassurances that we can easily fall in love with an older child. Since we've never parented before, we're looking for a child 5 or under. My husband works with kids in a partial hospitalization program as a behavior therapist, so he could handle just about anything that came our way, but I think it would be best for us if we started with a young child. Through Bulgaria it takes about four years to adopt a child 5 or under.

@Tiffany, welcome to our thread! Your absent cycles baffle me. Have you ever missed periods due to stress before? Does your doctor believe it's stress-related? I hope you are getting your period and your cycle is regulating itself. Did you used to have a regular cycle? Keep us posted!

@ Alzora, Thank you for the welcome. I would say that before July 2012 my periods were 38-40 days in length for the last 10 or so years. My DR. does not think that its related to stress. I am overweight and have been irregular way before our wedding and engagement. Self diagnosed, I have lots of the symptoms of PCOS. After starting the drugs yesterday, we realized that we could be pregnant come Christmas if everything goes as planned.
    1st Child due 8/17/2014
    TTC since March 2013
    Started on Metformin 8/13/13

Welcome to the forum, Tiffany and Cosmonaut!

@Tiffany - That's so frustrating about your cycles. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 19 and I'd gone about 6 months without a period at that time. I was put on the Pill to regulate things, and when I went off it a few years later, I did have somewhat regular cycles (though a bit on the long side). I've just come off the Pill again and hope I've started to ovulate, but I may need intervention at some point. I hear drugs like Metformin and Clomid can work very well with PCOS though, so I'm crossing my fingers for you!

@Cosmonaut - Your story is so interesting! Are you originally from South Africa? My husband and I were there a few years ago (Cape Town, Durban, and Jo'burg) and we loved it. Best of luck to you with managing the diabetes with TTC (and of course having small kids as well).
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova