Names Searched Right Now:
Page 330 of 660 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 340 380 430 ... LastLast
Results 1,646 to 1,650 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

@Frances, congratulations! Such wonderful news!
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

@frances! A big congrats! Wishing you all the best!
    TTC #1

Ugh. SO glad we have the arrogant expert on *everything* here to "set the matter straight" with "real facts". There is plenty of evidence supporting natural birth in a variety of different situations, including breech birth. I feel like it's quite inappropriate to barge in here very obnoxiously telling people with differing opinions that they sound silly, especially when not TTC.

FWIW, yes, the perinatal mortality rate for breech birth is higher. That is not necessarily preventable by C-section (particularly in countries where midwives and physicians are still trained in how to help women birth breech babies - more likely preventable in a country like the US where vaginal breech birth is rare). However, that is not because of vaginal births:

http://emedicine.medscape.com/articl...view#aw2aab6b3

"Predisposing factors for breech presentation include prematurity, uterine malformations or fibroids, polyhydramnios, placenta previa, fetal abnormalities (eg, CNS malformations, neck masses, aneuploidy), and multiple gestations. Fetal abnormalities are observed in 17% of preterm breech deliveries and in 9% of term breech deliveries.... Perinatal mortality is increased 2- to 4-fold with breech presentation, regardless of the mode of delivery. Deaths are most often associated with malformations, prematurity, and intrauterine fetal demise."

There are also obviously several different ways babies can present breech, some of which carry greater risk than others.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas Calloway, Atlas Bram, Atlas Octavian
    Lyra Marigold, Lyra Blythe, Lyra Clementine

@Frances yeeehhh congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy! Those 4th of July fireworks must really be working world wide magic because....

One of my closest friends had her baby shower yesterday and I was going to drive there with my other (complaining) pregnant friend. I was feeling PMS-moody in the morning and decided I better take a pregancy test, deal with the BFN and then focus all of my attention on my sweet friends, AF arriving at a babyshower brrrr. I wasn't sure the test was going to work because I had to go to the toilet so many time during the night (there's a clue I missed!) So I watched the control line and ofcourse it did turn pink after a couple of seconds, but so did the test line! I was so sure I must be reading it wrong, got out to buy a digital one, and after the babyshower... BFP again My husband seems to think both test must be malfuntioning and I have trouble getting my head around it too, but it really is true, I'm looking at the "pregnant 2-3" sign right now and debating whether I am going to join the fasting of Ramadan this year, but maybe I should just enjoy the happy news for a day.

I hope the fireworks will bring many more BFPs this month!
    Last edited by khaatje; July 7th, 2013 at 04:17 AM.
    Living a happy life with my #1 husband, my #1 cat and my #1 baby Aïcha, born March 2014

Girls: Sanae - Fairouz - Kawtar - Keltoum
    Boys: Tarik - Sabri - Lokman - Omar

@khaatje, wow! such great news am so happy for you! here is hoping for some more BFP's!
    TTC #1