Names Searched Right Now:
Page 323 of 660 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 325 333 373 423 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,615 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

@skylark: Blade and I (and a couple of other members) just recently specifically discussed the Netherlands and Blade had a whole bunch of great info about it, including specific numbers. It's in the forum I started called "C-Sections, Inductions, Oh My!" starting on page 2, at this link:

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...s-oh-my!/page2.

Just in case anyone is interested!
    Last edited by cvdutch31; July 3rd, 2013 at 08:43 PM.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

@andieta very informative! Thank you!! I was getting a little worried since I've never before experienced this! I NEED to buy that book! Lol thanks!
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3

Quote Originally Posted by cvdutch31 View Post
    @skylark: Blade and I (and a couple of other members) just recently specifically discussed the Netherlands and Blade had a whole bunch of great info about it, including specific numbers. It's in the forum I started called "C-Sections, Inductions, Oh My!" starting on page 2, at this link:

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...s-oh-my!/page2.

Just in case anyone is interested!
    Thanks, cvdutch31. Blade has some good information about getting insurance to give us service we're entitled to. She seems strangely anti pain medication-free vaginal birth at times, but I will take free insurance advice and medical advice from someone in the industry whenever I can get it so I can't complain too much. I'll read the thread and see if I find any beneficial info to my situation.

Welcome to the TTC thread, lilysong, looking ahead, and Maggiefromcanada!

Lilysong – thanks for sharing your story, it is amazing how God works in His own time, eh? Good luck this time around!

Looking ahead – I noticed that you mentioned you were thinking about going on the Pill for one month... I'm sure you've talked to your doctor about it, but I've always been told by doctors to use a second form of protection for the first 3 months on the Pill as it can take that long for it to become fully effective. And, from experience, going off the Pill does a number to your cycle. So if you are just planning on waiting one month before formally TTC, maybe a different form of protection would be best for now? Just my two cents!

For everyone: I also want to second what Daisychain said about getting a work-up done by your doctor before TTC or getting pregnant if you can. Thyroid issues are quite common and can cause infertility and miscarriages. You could also get your iron levels checked, have a Pap and internal exam done, and anything else specific to you. Apparently checking your immunity to Hepatitis A and B is something they recommend here, and despite being given 3 shots as a teenager, I am no longer immune to Hep B (getting my booster shot in a few weeks). So, just something to think about!

Daisychain - Whit and cvdutch made some great points re hypothyroidism. I wanted to add my experience (which I think I've shared partly with you already). I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 3 years ago. Within 2 weeks of going on Synthroid, I felt a thousand times better. (And taking a little pill every day is really not a big deal. Try to take it at the same time every day, on an empty stomach and not near any calcium.) But over the next 3 years, my TSH levels kept rising, so my dose had to be adjusted - 3 times in the end. Finally was normal in May, although I was a little hyperthyroid in June. I still see my endocrinologist every 6 months to get my levels checked. She gave me the go ahead to try to get pregnant when I saw her in June and told me to take an extra pill every other day once I am pregnant (obviously this depends on doctor's advice). The range for TSH depends on the lab, but is generally around 0.3 to 5.0. My endo told me that for pregnancy purposes, it should be less than 2.5 (at least with my lab). I would personally wait until you've had a follow up with your endocrinologist to see if the medication is the right dose and that your TSH levels are getting back to normal. (Sorry to be a spoil sport) but it depends on what your doctor has advised and what your TSH levels actually are. Feel free to message me if you have more questions about this.

Alright, that was a long one! Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by andieta; July 3rd, 2013 at 09:15 PM.

You're welcome, whitegold! You should buy it, I learned so much. I owe MrsH for introducing me to it.