Names Searched Right Now:
Page 321 of 660 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,605 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

I would wait till 14-18 days after the positive OPK you had. That way you have plenty of time to check a HPT or just get your period the natural way. I had to take provera often because I never got my period. My doc always just had me take a pregnancy test before I started the provera. It's annoying and slow, but such is life with PCOS :-P On my weird cycle I mentioned before, it had been a couple months since my last period, and they thought I could be ovulating so I did the blood test. When it came back too low, they had me go ahead and start the provera that day. I hope your cycle works on its own and you can skip the provera! Good luck!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Thanks Whit! I will probably use the Provera this month, because sometimes my cycle has gotten up to 60 days. It's never less than 40 nowadays, and I'm impatient to get going again.

Btw your weird cycle story is just crazy! Just goes to show that you can never be 100% sure when you're told something!
    TTC #1

@ nowakasia and daisychain, sorry to hear about your medical results. Hopefully next month is more positive for you both!

@ whitegold, I kind of work on the basis that if I don't get pregnant this month I can carry on enjoying my non-pregnant activities for that much longer. It's not a huge thing, but it does make me feel a bit better.

@ sarahmezz, yup, I'm trying to brace myself for that possibility! I know there's pretty much an equal chance of conceiving every month, but it just seems so unlikely somehow to get pregnant the first month.
    Mother to miss Mila Arden and her brand new brother, Cato Bennett

@skylark, wow that sounds really greedy. In the Netherlands prenatal care and delivery are relatively cheap, health insurance covers most of it. Sounds great but because hospitals and midwifes get so little budget per birth, we hardly get any prenatal tests/ultrasounds and you have to practically be in a coma before you get a C section, and can only get an epidural during working hours, but you have to pay extra because only home births are free. This results in the highest child mortality rate (of you include all births not just live births) in the developed world.
    Last edited by khaatje; July 3rd, 2013 at 04:12 AM.
    Living a happy life with my #1 husband and my #1 cat, baby #1 due March 2014

#1 Girls name: Aïcha
    #1 Boys name: Ibrahim

Just out of curiousity khaatje, what extra prenatal tests would you want? In NZ it is standard to have an ultrasound at 12 weeks (dating) and 20 weeks (abnormalities) and that's it unless you go overdue (and then extra monitoring begins around 1.5-2 weeks overdue). NZ also has a pro-natural birth maternity system but personally, I'm quite happy with that.

I just had a quick look and the Netherlands has a rate of 4.59/1000 live births compared to 4.61/1000 in Australia, 4.78/1000 in New Zealand and 6.06/1000 in the US.

There was a study where the Netherlands didn't do that well in terms of perinatal mortality compared to other European countries, but then there has also been a suggestion that was partly due to the perinatal mortality rate in very preterm births rather than term births (also another massive study showing no difference in outcomes between homebirth and hospital birth for low risk women in the Netherlands (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19624439).

I find all this stuff so interesting! Can't wait til I'm actually pregnant so it's a bit more relevant, lol.
    Mother to miss Mila Arden and her brand new brother, Cato Bennett