Names Searched Right Now:
Page 319 of 660 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 317 318 319 320 321 329 369 419 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,595 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

Hi all. I just got back from the endocrinologist. He took blood and talked to me about my thyroid levels from blood taken when I was pregnant. It looks like I have hypothyroidism, perhaps exacerbated by pregnancy. Probably Hashimoto, perhaps Celiac, but either way an auto-immune issue.

I am scared of having to take a thyroid hormone replacement pill for the rest of my life, and of the chances of not getting the levels right before I get pregnant and causing another miscarriage. Anyone have experience with either of these?

I hope those of you who are TTC get a good workup before hand (which I did not do) and that your doctor checks thyroid levels then and when you're pregnant. It sounds like these problems are very common and not good for the baby.

I'm kind of devastated right now, even though I guess I didn't learn anything I didn't already know. I guess I was hoping he'd say, 'Oh, your levels were fine. Not a problem.' But no.

Sorry to here about your troubles too, nowaskasia! It's so super frustrating, right? So much can need to be fiddled with to be able to get pregnant, and then to stay pregnant and have a healthy baby. It's overwhelming me right now.

How do you girls stay positive during this hard TTC journey? Any tips or tricks?

I know i just started but I'm already feeling like its never going to happen! Two of my closest friends got pregnant within 2 weeks of coming off the pill and another was still ON birth control when she got preg! Knowing that, and seeing how it didn't happen for me after two weeks is kind of depressing.. Even knowin that all women are different.

/end rant.
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3

Sorry nowakasia. That's so disappointing. I don't want to give you false hope or anything, but I had blood results that said I didn't ovulate, so they had me take provera, then clomid again once my period started, then it turned out that I had in fact ovulated and got pregnant, and had a period anyway. It was really strange, but I remember my progesterone level was just a little too low. That was my ectopic pregnancy, so it didn't work out, but I would recommend you take a pregnancy test before you start clomid again, just to be sure. I hope your next cycle goes better!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

daisychain- I have hypothyroidism, and the pill is no big deal at all. It's a tiny pill you take first thing in the morning, and I've never noticed any side effects. Plus, it's very cheap :-) As far as getting the right dosage, they got mine right the first time 4 years ago, and I've never had to have it changed, even during pregnancy. Sometimes you need more in pregnancy, but I never did. There is a pretty big range that is safe, so I doubt a slightly wrong dosage would cause another miscarriage. Low levels can cause miscarriage, but that doesn't mean that's what caused yours. There are a lot of factors, so please don't blame yourself for what happened. I hope you feel better soon!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Whit-- Thank you so much for your response. I am literally crying with gratitude. You just made me feel so, so much better. Thank you! The doctor's visit really freaked me out, so hearing it's not necessarily a huge deal at all is a major relief. I was just thinking-- I wonder how long we should wait to try again to make sure my levels are ok because I cannot stand to think me out if whack thyroid would cause another miscarriage. But you helped me understand better than the dictor with his ranges and averages and things i coukdnt reslly understand. Thank you thank you thank you.