Names Searched Right Now:
Page 263 of 660 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,315 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

@alzora - Good luck!

@everyone else - Thanks for your well wishes! I'm currently 2DPO so I'm right at the beginning of my TWW. Earlier this month (before ovulation), I was sick with a throat infection and took antibiotics for a few days (amoxicillin), so I'm hoping that doesn't screw up my chances. I used OPKs and my ovulation date was on cue, so I think our timing was perfect (once daily for the three days before ovulation and then on day of ovulation). I'm hopeful (as usual), but, as stated earlier, not testing until AF is due because negative tests are heartbreaking (which I discovered last month).

@whitegold - Sorry to hear AF hasn't shown up yet. I hope your weekend has been good at least! My weekend has been great so far - it's a long weekend in Australia (Queen's Birthday holiday). I haven't done much; just hung out with my husband and my dog, which was nice
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

@sarahmezz: every one of us is different, of course, and so are our ovulation schedules of course - but something you said in your last post jumped out at me. You only try the 3 days before you ovulate, plus the day of? When I was using the OPK's, we started like that too. And never got a positive. Then in March I got really frustrated and thought, let's try for more days after we get the smiley face on the OPK. And it worked! Anecdotal evidence for sure but I'm thinking that we were stopping the sex too soon. The OPK's generally just say that they indicate the spike in hormones - but the actual ovulation may not occur for up 36-72 hours I think? I also know that sperm can live for a few days inside the body - but just something to think about (and maybe try)! If you don't get your BFP this month (which my fingers and toes are crossed for you hoping you do!), maybe try for up to 2-3 days after the positive OPK too?
    Anyway, I'll be sending up baby dust for you!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

@Christine - Okay, so my first positive ovulation test was on Saturday morning. I took another test Saturday afternoon (still positive), another test Sunday morning (still positive) and another test Sunday afternoon (negative). Prior to that, I tested Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings (all negative). We had sex once per day on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Today is Monday, so we haven't actually missed a day yet and could continue! However, if my ovulation test turned negative yesterday afternoon, is there much point in trying today? I suppose we could, just in case, but aren't you more likely to conceive in the couple of days leading up to ovulation? I'm assuming I ovulated yesterday (Sunday). Presently, it's been 56 hours since my first positive. We tried the day of the positive and the day after. I guess we could go again tonight - I don't think my husband would complain! Thanks for your baby dust! I just spent the afternoon with my eight-month-old niece so now I'm cluckier than ever! I hope your pregnancy is going well
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Oh how annoying - internet ate my big post!

Anyway,
    @alzora - Mila is indeed our wee miracle, that's what her name means (in some languages - Mila is used in many countries). The universe certainly sent some good fortune our way last time, so here's hoping it happens again.

@khaatje, how hurtful of your mother. Did you find out why she felt that way? I can't imagine she would stay that way once you are pregnant, babies are very hard to dislike

My parents are going to Europe in Sept-Oct and have suggested I house-sit for them in NZ. I am tempted as it would mean a decent break from living in such a claustrophobic environment, but only if I'm already pregnant. Otherwise I don't really want to have to stop TTC for 2 cycles. If I was pregnant by then, it'd be a good chance to organise a midwife for the end of my pregnancy & the birth. Midwives are standard maternity care there, you only use an obstetrician if you are very high risk.

It occurred to me that I just estimated a 30 day cycle because I wasn't sure, which means I may actually be fertile now if I had a 28 day cycle. Finally! Seems like the days go by much slower when I'm watching the calendar.
    Last edited by milasmama; June 10th, 2013 at 06:54 AM.
    Mother to miss Mila Arden and her brand new brother, Cato Bennett

Nameberry just ate my big post too! Oh the agony...that just made my day. Happy Monday.

@Khaatje, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's priorities. I suspect, like the others have said, that a grandchild might have a wonderful effect on her. You said that Hebrew and Arabic script usually leaves out the vowels. What does that mean? They just aren't written? Does that not get confusing?

@Whitegold...are you sure you're not pregnant already? I don't know the first thing about coming off the pill, but your mention of sore breasts makes me wonder.

@Sarah, my husband and I also try for a few consecutive days leading up to a positive ovulation test, and then we try once more after getting a positive (usually within 12 hours). I've wondered, like @Christine said, whether we should continue trying a day after that, but since you got so many positive tests over the course of two days, I'm guessing you ovulated by Sunday night at the latest and therefore hit the right time. I hope you get another sort of positive test in two weeks.

@Milasmama, I love the meaning behind Mila's name. Are you pronouncing it MEE-luh or MY-luh? I do hope you are pregnant by September and get to take a trip home to NZ. It sounds ideal for you in every way! So your fertile window is upon you right now? Good luck!

I'm about 11 or 12 DPO, and I am handling it with a great deal of maturity and mental fortitude. Lol...no, I'm just kidding. I've had quite a few pity parties already over the prospect of my period arriving on Wednesday or Thursday, and my theatrical, over-the-top emotional yet comedic side keeps emerging around my husband, making our interactions look like a scene from I Love Lucy. My only symptom at the moment is the stupid pinchy feeling in my cervix that I always get. Stay tuned. It's looking like good old Auntie Florence is right around the corner.
    Last edited by alzora; June 10th, 2013 at 10:05 AM.