Names Searched Right Now:
Page 260 of 660 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 ... LastLast
Results 1,296 to 1,300 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

Alzora and Blade-
    Thanks for keeping me informed! I can feel myself getting smarter as I read your posts.

Casilayne-
    Sweet Jesus! You get a gold star for keeping yourself in check after that comment. I don't know anything about your mother, so I'm not referencing her, but in my personal experience, people say things (knee jerk reactions, without really thinking them through) but at the WORST time possible, so it stings like lemon juice on a paper cut. You are certainly entitled to your jar of frosting. I hope it helps. Chin up. (Sorry, I'm a preschool teacher and the movie "Charlotte's Web" really speaks to me. The old one, with Debbie Reynolds, NOT the new one.)

@Casilayne - I get that. We told my husband's aunt and mother last weekend. His aunt loves grandbabies, and counts ours among hers. And she needed a pick-me-up, so I spilled the beans. She was beyond thrilled and started crying. And then my MiL guessed and all she said was, "Well, let's hope this one sticks." Have I mentioned how caring and considerate my mother-in-law is?

@Alzora - I love the water. And funny enough, so does my little guy! He's like a fish. But the best part of being pregnant in the water, I mean, beyond the feeling great, the baby floats inside of you and inside the pool. Ok, so picture this, I'm 38 weeks pregnant and just miserable swollen. So we go to the pool. And all the weight and swelling just seems to disappear. then my sister starts poking the baby bump. And it's not hard anymore!!! It's like a jello mold!! Everyone and everything was floating. It was hilarious. And it felt good too. But it was so funny to watch from the top of the water!

@khaatje - no new appointments yet. I have the first ultrasound 1 week from today. Every time I think about it, I practically have an anxiety attack. I just want to be assured that everything is fine. I just need some reassurance that we're ok. My husband doesn't quite get it either. it's not his body. Nothing will happen to him physically, good or bad. So yeah, that's where I'm at right now. 1 week from today, I will know one way or the other.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

@Casilayne - I get that. We told my husband's aunt and mother last weekend. His aunt loves grandbabies, and counts ours among hers. And she needed a pick-me-up, so I spilled the beans. She was beyond thrilled and started crying. And then my MiL guessed and all she said was, "Well, let's hope this one sticks." Have I mentioned how caring and considerate my mother-in-law is?

@Alzora - I love the water. And funny enough, so does my little guy! He's like a fish. But the best part of being pregnant in the water, I mean, beyond the feeling great, the baby floats inside of you and inside the pool. Ok, so picture this, I'm 38 weeks pregnant and just miserable swollen. So we go to the pool. And all the weight and swelling just seems to disappear. then my sister starts poking the baby bump. And it's not hard anymore!!! It's like a jello mold!! Everyone and everything was floating. It was hilarious. And it felt good too. But it was so funny to watch from the top of the water!

@khaatje - no new appointments yet. I have the first ultrasound 1 week from today. Every time I think about it, I practically have an anxiety attack. I just want to be assured that everything is fine. I just need some reassurance that we're ok. My husband doesn't quite get it either. it's not his body. Nothing will happen to him physically, good or bad. So yeah, that's where I'm at right now. 1 week from today, I will know one way or the other.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

@gracianern; uggghh how stressfull, they should do more check-ups if only to reduce your anxiety! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you next week!

@alzora; to make a long story short our future baby will be a roma/moroccan baby with a dual dutch/moroccan passport, so any baby name has to meet the requirements in both countries :s

@casilayne; i remember poppy posting on similar situations with her mother too and i was trying to forget what my own mother said at a wedding last weekend (but since we're on that topic i might as well share) when asked if she was also looking forward to becoming a grandma somewhere in the next couples of years by the mother-of-the-bride, she replied she really hoped i will not get pregnant. Opposite of what your mom said, but it felt horrible as well. its weird how moms (and mils) who have been in the ttc game themselves can be so inconsiderate... (but then again i guess even our moms are only human)

@milasmama - cvdutch covered this already, but you don't have to use Robitussin. You can use any expectorant containing guaiphenesin (or guaifenesin). Just make sure it's an expectorant and that guaiphenesin is the only active ingredient. Another brand I've heard of people using is Mucinex.

@cvdutch - Yes, I know soy is bad for you generally (but especially when TTC)! I don't drink soy milk, but my husband does. I've recently started him on regular full-fat dairy instead. He didn't drink buckets of soy - only on his breakfast cereal every morning. So far, he's taking the change well!

@alzora - LOVE Gilmore Girls! When I'm pregnant, I'm going to watch the entire series on DVD!

@december - Not sure who mentioned dairy being bad for you, but it's definitely not! As mentioned earlier, full-fat is best. The only drawback with dairy is that it can thicken your cervical mucus (same way people suggest avoiding dairy when you have a cold to lessen chest congestion). However, I think the positives outweigh the negatives and consume plenty of dairy myself!

Personal update: My ovulation test was positive today! Yay! I'm very pleased because after last month (ovulation and period dates out of whack) this means I'm right on track. AF is due June 22 and I'm determined not to test until June 22 at the absolute earliest! After last month's disappointment, I'm going to let myself hold out hope for a little longer!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter