Names Searched Right Now:
Page 200 of 660 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 ... LastLast
Results 996 to 1,000 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

I'm shaking my head at how much bad luck one person can have Alzora.... Hang in there girl! These things come in spurts. After several instances of crappy luck, good things start to happen.

Here's a short funny story (semi fertility related) to share...

So today is Day 21 of my cycle... time to get more labs done. I've had the referral for these labs now for a couple weeks, and so I dug it up this morning before work. My plan was to get them done on my lunch break (I have a long break on Thursdays) - the lab is right by my place of work. I put the paper on the nightstand in my bedroom and went to take a shower. I get out 15 minutes later and my dog (really a puppy still) walks into the bathroom with a tiny piece of paper stuck to his face. I think "uh oh...what did he get into now?" not thinking it was the referral. Of course it was though. He literally shredded it into tiny pieces all over my bed and bedroom floor. I was so upset with him, because they're supposed to be done today. My pup put himself in his crate and stayed in there until I left - he seemed semi repentant I guess, ha! I tried calling my doctor to get another - of course they're not open yet. Long story short...I had to take a half day off from work. My doctor was working out of her other office today, so I had to call around to find her. A couple of phone calls, faxes, trips to the office later, I got another referral and then raced to the lab to get it done today right before it closed. Whew! Although tomorrow would probably have been fine to do it, I don't get home until really late so I would not have been able to get to my doctor!

I just tell myself take it a day at a time....
    TTC #1

Aw, @Ottilie...<3 You are so sweet! Thank you. The kindness on this board brings some cheer to an otherwise discouraging day.

@Nowakasia, thank you also for the support. What a day you've had, too! Glad you got the bloodwork in though. (What kind of puppy do you have?!)

My OBGYN's office called back, and they are unable to help me get this test done at the other hospital. They basically told me to keep calling around to find a doctor who will do it for me there. I can do that. But now the main problem is with the diagnostic code again. I've already been told by two offices that the 614.6 code for pelvic adhesions won't work, because I have to have been actually diagnosed with pelvic adhesions in order for them to use that code. One woman explained to me that pelvic adhesions are found during surgeries and such things because they tend to get in the way. So like, I have no idea how to get that diagnosis. I only had one surgery after the trauma; an orthopedic surgeon put a pin in my pelvic bone several days after the accident. I don't know if pelvic adhesions could have formed that fast for him to spot any. And actually he didn't really have much of an opening to look in--the scar from that surgery is just a tiny blue speck on my left hip smaller than the tip of my finger. It's unlikely that he would have spotted any adhesions in there to give me this coveted diagnosis.

@Blade, is there any way pelvic adhesions can be spotted apart from surgery? Are there any ultrasounds that can spot them in there to get me the stupid diagnosis? But why on earth would doctors do an ultrasound like that for me anyway, and why would insurance cover that....

Here is my current perspective. I'm a Christian, and I know you won't all agree with my viewpoint but this is how I see it. I believe in God, and I believe that he is actively involved in these details of our lives, and I believe that if I really am 100% unable to get this HSG test, as seems to be the case, then I must not need it. Unless an opportunity comes along for me to get this test, then I believe that either A) I must not have adhesions to warrant the test, or B) I must have adhesions that I don't need to know about because perhaps he has plans that do not involve a biological baby for me. Obviously I'm hoping it's A. When I was diagnosed with vaginismus after a year and a half of being unable to consummate our marriage, I was told that physical therapy was available for the condition right in a nearby city. However, my insurance wouldn't cover a cent of said therapy, and I was left devastated, in an unconsummated marriage, thinking I would never have children. But it turns out I didn't need the therapy. A self-help kit available online ended up being so much faster, so much cheaper, and so much easier than driving an hour to therapy a few times a week, and within three weeks I broke through the vaginismus in the privacy and comfort of my own home. So that's how I'm viewing this HSG letdown. God knew that I didn't need the vaginismus therapy because he knew there was an easier path, so he rendered it unavailable to me. And if he is making this HSG test unavailable, then it must be something I don't need to worry about. I'm not ignorantly saying that my Fallopian tubes are all open and working fine; I'm saying that it must not be important that I become aware of their condition either way. There is some comfort in that. I may not get what I want, but I believe that I'll get what is best for me in the end and life will still be good. But that doesn't mean that I don't have heartache right now...I'm sad tonight...sad, but not broken.
    Last edited by alzora; May 9th, 2013 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    Alzora-- keep your head up! I have no practical advice to offer, but you have overcome SO much... you can do this too! You never get more than you can handle. I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel. ((hugs))
    @alzora - What she said! We're all thinking of you and I'm glad you have such a strong conviction that everything will happen as it's supposed to. A quote I like to remember when things are tough - "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

So, this morning I got a big fat positive! On my ovulation test, that is

I'm so relieved because I was starting to worry I wasn't ovulating properly or something was wrong. My positive turned up two days after ovulation supposedly occurred (according to my phone app). So, Poppy, you were right - I guess I'm a late ovulation/short luteal phase kinda girl after all, lol. Now to spend some "quality time" with my husband later today...
    Last edited by sarahmezz; May 9th, 2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

@ alzora - Hugo.jpg

My pup is a spaniel/poodle mix... cockapoo haha

@ sarahmezz - Wooo hoooo!
    TTC #1

Sarahmezz, that's great news!

Nowakasia - your puppy is so cute!

Alzora - I love your perspective on this. Hope that tomorrow is a better day.

I love the pre-motherhood bucket list idea. That is why we are going on our trip! Although it was actually a "distract Andrea from wanting a baby" trip. But still, it's a good idea to do it before we have wee ones around.