Names Searched Right Now:
Page 184 of 660 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Just checking in, ladies. I'm currently in the process of worrying my husband, sister, and mom to death about baby names. =P Amazingly enough, we have already decided on the name for our first daughter. I'm a bit shocked by how easy it was, since there are hundreds of names on my list and these names were not originally on there! But, it just makes sense.

I do have a bit of a dilemma with my sister, though. She is expecting me to use her middle name on a daughter and every solution I throw out to still honor her without using that particular name is falling on deaf ears. (This started when she decided to use my middle name as the middle name for her first daughter...without my prompting.) I am not opposed to doing double middle names, but this would make our first daughter's name quite a mouthful and I worry she'll have difficulty learning to spell it, haha. Has anyone else had to deal with this naming pressure from family members?
    Expecting bebe #1 in June 2015!

Currently loving:

Aria ~ Aurelia ~ Autumn ~ Brielle ~ Cait ~ Calliope ~ Cassia ~ Cassidy ~ Catriona ~ Cora ~ Eden ~ Elise ~ Emilia ~ Genevieve ~ Giselle ~ Harper ~ Helena ~ Isla ~ Ivy ~ Julianna ~ Lyra ~ Natalia ~ Philippa ~ Selah ~ Winter ~ Wren ~ Zora

Aaron ~ Alton ~ Avery ~ Benjamin ~ Caleb ~ Daniel ~ Edmund ~ Gabriel ~ Grey ~ Lucas ~ Nicholas ~ Noah ~ Owen ~ Reece/Rhys

Mother to three fur-babies: Merlin, Willa, and Grady!

Thank you to those who welcomed me.

Alzora, the "pillows-under-the-booty" position is the one I used last time. I will definitely be using it again. I realized by reading this thread (Thanks again, ladies.) that I've been getting up too soon afterwards. I have had some bad experiences with UTI's in the past and so I ceremoniously urinate after sex. Has anyone had any problems with UTI's during baby-making attempts? Is peeing beforehand enough? (Naive. Me? Possibly.)

And I haven't tried Pre-Seed, yet. I will do some research and see what's up. Thank you for your recommendations.

Missusaytch, I wanted to wish you good luck on your health journey. I'm trying to be a healthier, more active person, myself.

Blade, if my mother had preeclampsia does that mean I'm more likely to experience it as well? Or is it solely based off of an individuals blood pressure, weight, and so on?
    Guilty Pleasure Names:

Magnolia, Delphine, Magenta, Fuchsia, Lavinia, Sandrine, Loveday

Lionel, Icarus, Lemuel, Eros, Horatio, Lucien, Menelaus, Onyx

Quote Originally Posted by alzora View Post
    Phew! So no need to get discouraged by my predictable monthly patterns yet. Thank you. But I'm confused about this...you said:

Day 1: egg released. Day 2-3: conception occurs.

I'm revealing [more of] my ignorance about how this works. The Wondfo ovulation test reads positive 24-36 hours before the egg is released. So my husband and I made two solid attempts within 31 hours of a positive test. Presumably we hit ovulation. But if conception doesn't occur until Days 2 or 3, should we have kept going for another two days after ovulation?

So great that you're feeling well! When is the first ultrasound?
    The home ovulation tests detect the LH (luteinizing hormone) surge which immediately precedes actual ovulation-- that is, rupture of the follicle and release of the egg directly into the pelvis. It takes about a day or so for that to happen, and for the fimbriae of the Fallopian tube to sweep the egg inside. Sperm and egg actually meet in the tube, not in the pelvis. On the sperm side of things, it takes the winners about 48h to swim all the way up through the cervix, uterus and tube to meet the egg. And they only 'live'about 48h, too. Timing sex right when you see that LH surge and the day of ovulation itself ensures everything meets at the proper time & proper place, such that conception occurs on Day 2-3.

Of course, having regular sex (every 2d or so) means you don't have to worry about timing.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by corvus View Post

Blade, if my mother had preeclampsia does that mean I'm more likely to experience it as well? Or is it solely based off of an individuals blood pressure, weight, and so on?
    Yes, unfortunately. Having a family history of preeclampsia is predictive of you developing it. And, unlike in women without a family history, your risk of developing it in a subsequent pregnancy does not drop. Most women get it in their first pregnancy only, but not those with a family history.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by corvus View Post
    Has anyone had any problems with UTI's during baby-making attempts? Is peeing beforehand enough? (Naive. Me? Possibly.)
    I have actually wondered this myself...
    Expecting bebe #1 in June 2015!

Currently loving:

Aria ~ Aurelia ~ Autumn ~ Brielle ~ Cait ~ Calliope ~ Cassia ~ Cassidy ~ Catriona ~ Cora ~ Eden ~ Elise ~ Emilia ~ Genevieve ~ Giselle ~ Harper ~ Helena ~ Isla ~ Ivy ~ Julianna ~ Lyra ~ Natalia ~ Philippa ~ Selah ~ Winter ~ Wren ~ Zora

Aaron ~ Alton ~ Avery ~ Benjamin ~ Caleb ~ Daniel ~ Edmund ~ Gabriel ~ Grey ~ Lucas ~ Nicholas ~ Noah ~ Owen ~ Reece/Rhys

Mother to three fur-babies: Merlin, Willa, and Grady!