Names Searched Right Now:
Page 152 of 660 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 652 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Thanks, Alzora. Twins are awesome. My younger brothers are fraternal twins and my husband has aunts who are fraternal twins. All that plus the Clomid? Here's hoping! :-)

The more I think back to that conversation with the nurse the more I think she didn't even know what a luteal phase was. Is that even possible? For an OB nurse? Cause I would swear that is the case...

I put so much faith in this doctor and I just feel worried and disappointed right now.

alzora, YES!! Twins run in both of our families and we would love to have twins. When I was pregnant with Henry, at every ultrasound, my hopeful husband was sure to ask the technician/ doctor if there was a secret twin hiding in there.

andieta, I'm so sorry about your twin. For the wondfo tests, I use something like these: http://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Pla...d_sbs_indust_6

alligator, good luck!!

Mrs.H, that would make me nervous too. Agh, maybe she is new? But she is still a nurse so she should know. Blerg
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

@MrsH a lot of nursing is learning on the job, as opposed to doctors who do residencies in a particular specialty and can only practice that specialty. With a nursing degree you have a great deal of flexibility (don't like doing med-surg nursing and would rather work L&D? You can! Want to do home health visits, the neonatal ICU, an outpatient endocrinology office? You can!) Once a nurse has been working in a particular field for some time they pick up a lot, but no specialized knowledge is required when they first take a job.

The nurses who are contracted to screen patient calls can use their own intelligence and judgment of course, but usually they have little scripts they follow. They can triage and answer basic things but anything complex gets booted up to a provider, either PA/NP or MD. Also you should *never* underestimate the intelligence of the general public. The nurse answering the call had no idea who you were or how much you know about fertility, and might gently have been attempting to assess your knowledge. Again, if you (generic you, not you-you) paged me and said "I have pancreatic cancer, I need an operation" I wouldn't immediately call the OR to book you. It's the responsibility of the doctor and the office staff to confirm a diagnosis before they can possibly begin prescribing treatment.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

@alzora I would weep for 40 straight weeks if I found out I was having multiples.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

@Andieta, I happen to have a little Tupperware container that my husband's grandma conveniently sent to me about three weeks ago carrying a bit of Clorox bleach. It's little--fits in the palm of my hand--and arrived in perfect timing. That is my pee cup. My Wondfo wishing well. But washing it! Yuck! I stood there for a minute unsure of what to do with it. I am not using my kitchen dishcloths to wipe out pee. I am not using bathroom washcloths to wipe out pee either. In fact, I am not even using my cleaning rags to wipe out pee. I used paper towels, with gobs of dish detergent and hot water. But I've heard that pee is sterile anyway, but it's the principle of the thing.

Also, I am very sorry to hear about your twin that you never got to meet. Such a beautiful thing to miss out on.

@Mrs H and Cygnus, I may be wrong about this but I think twins only run through the maternal line, and only fraternal twins at that. However, you both have twins in your own line anyway, so regardless of your husbands' families, you still stand a chance!