Names Searched Right Now:
Page 149 of 660 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 649 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

@MrsH you are describing my life, or the life of anyone with a protected skill set who attempts to actually apply it and help the general public. The public sucks. People are lame. C'est la vie. I have had patients beyond count, on the 20-40th hour of my shift, when I have been busting ass all night saving their worthless life, threaten me, kick me, hit me, curse at me, threaten to sue, etc, all because I withheld their chocolate pudding or ordered them into restraints, etc. The highlight was someone who described in loving detail how he was going to follow me into the parking garage, pull me behind a Dumpster, and rape me in every orifice I possessed, as I was trying to sew up his face after a bar fight. That earned some Vitamin H (Haldol) but still.... people suck.

Anyway your entire hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadotropin-end organ axis has dramatically reset itself in the last 6 weeks. You have made everything work and made your body ovulate for the first time in a while. Asking about progesterone is a good idea, as you have the estrogen support via the Clomid, but don't take what's happening this very first month as gospel. It's almost like a young girl just entering puberty; those initial cycles are irregular and largely anovulatory.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

@Blade - Wow. Y'know. I've never understood the "I hate doctors" or "I hate hospitals" people, or people who are hostile to their healthcare providers. I've gotten some undeniably bad advice from doctors, but 95% of them have just really tried to help me. And I love hospitals. Maybe it's a function of my anxiety disorder but when I'm in a hospital, I'm like, "Ahhh western medicine surrounds me." It makes me feel comfy and safe like a stuffed mouse in a Christmas stocking. I've been in enough inner city ERs that I have seen people act the fool in hospitals. I do not get it.

Yes people are lame. Yes it is super annoying. God bless you for dedicating your life to to healing all the myriad ungrateful jerks. :-)

And you are right. I need to be patient. This was such a hard month, tho, man. Clomid is an asskicker. I mean, I love it, but duuuuude symptoms. Just the thought of going through it drains me.

I just need to pull m'self up by m' boot straps tho. I'll sit here today and have cramps and feel sorry for myself. But I will buck up. Make no mistake.

This cycle besides the Clomid and (probably) progesterone I am gonna try Pre-seed.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone reading. I will try to stop bogarting this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by missusaytch View Post
    I will try to stop bogarting this thread.
    No please don't. You and Blade are my daily entertainment.

@khaatje, you said you're not ovulating?

@Blade, I have not yet mustered up the strength to contact the exasperating (and exasperated) TIB again. I decided that I will wait until my annual exam this Thursday with my new regular OBGYN, and I will ask her about options. She may be able to refer me to someone else, or perhaps...I don't know how all of this works...maybe she can order the test herself? She doesn't have the facilities there at her clinic, and I can't go through the hospital that she is affiliated with for this particular test (insurance is so, so stupid...that is my regular hospital!). But could she order it at another hospital? Who would bill me...the hospital or her? I'm so confused with all of that, but if I can bypass the obstacle that is Therese-in-Billing, perhaps it will be easier to get this test underway.

Also, I have to admit, I got a little scared to pursue the HSG after Poppy's experience. I had to stop and think for a few days about whether I even want to know, or whether I just want to hold onto hope each month.

@Mrs H, I think it's kind of a good thing that the girl online didn't heed your TTC advice. Just makes it that much less likely that she will ever successfully procreate.
    Last edited by alzora; April 22nd, 2013 at 12:04 AM.

MrsH, I hate it when people are mean! Its so unnecessary! But thats good news for us since
    you can now spend more time with us!

goodness it sounds like so many people need some extra support this month, I feel some of
    your stresses, and I hope ALL you ladies start feeling better.

Im just about to enter my TTW,I'm pretty sure I ovulated already but husband and I are still baby dancing
    just in case. I can't believe I forgot to test with ovulation strips! I was so busy last week I totally spaced
    on it until it was too late to track, when I did test it was already positive so I didnt actually know when the
    48 hr notice really was....arg... but we have doing the baby dance since last week. So lets hope I didnt miss it!
    I have to admit though it was kinda nice to be busy and not obsessed about it. This is what my last 15
    months have been about and this laspe in my brain was almost relieving. I'm more than ready for my BFP =(
    TTC a lil bundle of joy since March 2012. Nothing yet, but praying.

Princess:
    Top 4: Felicity, Evangeline, Annabel, Anna-Claire
    Other Loves~ Ruth, Aria, Amalia, Lila, Clara, Callie, Esther, Roxanna, Lana, Ivy, Violet, *Esme, Rosalie

Prince: Top 3: Leon, Bennett, Bowen,
    Other Loves~ Zane, Boone, Evan, Austin, Colton, Ivan, Arley, Archer/Asher, Callen, Zion, Spencer, Jude, Lennox, Lennon, Silas,

IUI: #1 March 14' = BFN
    IUI: #2: April 14' =BFN
    IUI: #3 May 14' =

Blade, question: I've wondered this for the longest. Ok of all the people you'd want to make sure were not working exhausted, I'd say health care providers would top the list. So how come you guys work shifts that can be literally days long? And are often literally on your feet and working for most of that time? How in the hell did that system get started and how in the hell does it work? I don't want my mechanic to be on his 22nd hour of work, let alone my doctor. Maybe you can explain it to me. I've long been curious about it. It's one of those things I keep meaning to google and then I never do. I bet you have a better answer than google anyway.

As for the uterus, I've decided to take the advice I give everyone else and not concede defeat until full red flow.

The cramps were so bad earlier I took half a pain pill. That was 5 hours ago and I feel nothing now. Still a touch of brownish pink when I wipe. My right areola is slightly darker and bumpier. (The left is a hot mess. Nerve damage during breast reduction surgery. It's the redheaded stepchild of my nipples.) edited to add: An hour after I wrote this, I had to take another pill. Some hydrocodone left over from something or other. It was that bad, yo. I keep thinking I'm bleeding but good, and I go look and still just a dab of light brown-pink

Lower temp + cramps + spotting = AF, almost certainly. But we'll see.

I'm gonna watch Battlestar Galactica with my husband. I'll catch you frakkers later.

Edited to add: My dream job is Galactica Viper pilot. Deep down inside, I am Lt. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace.
    Last edited by missusaytch; April 22nd, 2013 at 12:43 AM.