Names Searched Right Now:
Page 127 of 660 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 627 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Wow! Busy day on the TTC thread. It’s my favourite part of the day – checking this thread!

First, just want to say that my heart goes out to any berries who may have been affected by what happened in Boston today.

Thank you @whit, @alzora and @poppy for the welcomes!

@grecianern – I don’t have any advice, but I am thinking of you.

@MrsH – Yay! Ovulating is half the battle! Fingers crossed for you! Sorry you’ve been feeling so sick lately.

@alzora – I love your engagement photo – the lamppost really is perfectly like Narnia. And I love the reason behind using Narnia as a name. And the way you convince your husband to like names! I should use that method more than my usual cry and yell method.
    It is terrible news about your insurance and having to cancel your fertility appointment. But hopefully you are right, and you’ve just been mis-timing it!

And, thank you for accepting my premature worries!

I will write out all my worries because I couldn’t sleep last night due to all the over-thinking. Like I said, most of this is premature, since we haven’t started trying and I haven’t seen a doctor about a lot of this stuff yet. And honestly, a lot of them are just general medical concerns, not really related to fertility per se. I (finally) got a family doctor in my new city (I moved 3 years ago!) and doing the meet and greet appointment got me thinking about a lot of these things. So here we go:

1. Hypothyroidism – Can cause fertility problems and miscarriages. I am being treated and I know it will be monitored, but my dose has been increased twice in the 2.5 years since I was diagnosed so I am afraid that it still isn’t stable. ? But I’m feeling pretty good on this dose and I see my endocrinologist in June so we’ll find out then.

2. Cardiologist – My endocrinologist wants to send me to a cardiologist because I sometimes have high blood pressure. I’m a healthy 20 BMI so I suspect it’s just White Coat Symptom but maybe it’s all my crappy eating and lack of exercise that is catching up with me! I am trying to eat better and work out though.

3. Klippel-Feil Syndrome – This is my real concern. Here is a good website for a basic introduction: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/k...ippel_feil.htm I have the fused cervical vertebrates, the scoliosis, and malformed kidney (well, two were on the same side when I was born so the right one was removed). But I’ve never had any reasons to suspect any other problems. This is what I’m afraid of though:
    a. Heart malformation – Okay, probably not, I’m sure it would have been noticed before. But glad I am seeing a cardiologist.
    b. Sex organ malformations – No one’s noticed anything during physical exams in the past, but I might see if I can get a pelvic ultrasound done, just to make sure??
    c. Geneticist – My new family doctor suggested this, so I think I will take her up on it. According to that website, I have a 50% chance of passing on the syndrome to children. It’s really not the worst thing in the world to have? I don’t know. But if it is, I’ve heard that during IVF they can screen the eggs/ embryos for the gene? I really know next to nothing about IVF, except that I really don’t want to do it. So, I have some questions to ask a doctor.
    d. Spina bifida – apparently Klippel Feil puts you at an increased risk of neural tube defects. I’m taking 1 mg of folic acid but I’m not sure if I should be taking more or not?

So basically, I need to make an appointment with my doctor to talk about all this stuff and figure things out.

Bah! Thanks for letting me overshare and write this all out. I will call my doctor tomorrow, and hopefully I can just let the worries go for now.

Sorry for writing the novel!

- Andrea

Hi andieta! Well, I can't tell you much about two of your concerns, but I do have hypothyroidism. I am on 75 micrograms at the moment, and have been on the same dosage since I was diagnosed 4 years ago. I can tell you that my doctor had my levels retested after I got pregnant (even though I had just had them checked a few months before). Definitely talk to your doctor about it, but they may choose to test you after you get pregnant to double check your medication, and help prevent any problems.
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Hi everyone,

First of all, congrats to all the gals who have had a BFP since I was last on here. It really makes me happy and hopeful!

I just wanted to post a quick update and ask for some good thoughts....

I posted a few weeks ago about having very long irregular cycles since coming off BC about a year ago. I've been using Clearblube Ovulation Sticks for a few months now (seriously TTC for about 8-9 months now) and I do show a smiley face each month, but alas I am not getting prego. So I finally made an appointment with my gyno/OB and it's tomorrow. I'm really nervous for some reason....

My last period started Feb 17th and it's now April 15. That's 2 months! And for the last week now I've been getting very mild spotting but it hasn't turned into an actual period.... So it's a new bad symptom and it makes me nervous. Why can't I just finally get my period and what is going on with my body?

Furthermore, what if I wake up tomorrow and do get a full blown period? Should I still go to my appointment and simply talk to my doctor about my craziness? Or schedule another appointment where she can actually examine me? I know some of you have had similar questions. I think I will go no matter what, because I really want to finally talk to her about all of this. I've mentioned my irregular/long periods to my regular doctor but not my gyno.

As for names, I started this TTC journey dreaming and obsessing about names, and now I just feel so blah about it...

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks all!
    TTC #1

@nowakasia - Go to your appointment tomorrow, period or no. Speaking to your doctor will set your mind at ease. You'll be able to ask any questions you like and receive some solid medical advice, which should help you frame a good TTC plan of attack. Good luck
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

August - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Thank you @sarahmezz. I hope I get some peace after tomorrow's visit.
    TTC #1