Names Searched Right Now:
Page 113 of 660 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 613 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Oh poppy, you poor thing. Just remember, blood will not be spurting anywhere ;-) Or gushing, or spraying. At worst you'll have a little seepage which will easily be caught by the little blue "piddle pad" they'll put underneath you. That was the only thing different at my menstrual ultrasound that wasn't at the others. I tend to also have crazy dreams, and the best thing I've found when I'm stressing about something, or tossing and turning is having a good book to read (not a scary book), before bed, or even if I wake up during the night. It helps settle my mind down a little. Good luck, and I hope all your tests go smoothly. My HSG was completely painless, so I hope yours is the same.
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

@Blade, suppose they find blockages. Then what?

Should I be concerned about endometriosis? I just used Google to look up why my knees ache before and during menstruation. Admittedly, I'm only reading sites like Yahoo Answers and nothing actually serious.The medical world must hate Google. But people online are talking about a link between achy knees and endometriosis? What on earth does that even mean? I don't have most of the endometriosis symptoms except what I think are normal PMS/period cramps and mild pelvic cramps after sex sometimes that can last about a day I think. I know the latter is abnormal but I can't think of how often I actually experience it. I asked my sister-in-law about it the first month that I felt it. She said that since I was just overcoming vaginismus and becoming sexually active, it was probably all kinds of hormones in my body causing the post-sex cramps. I haven't brought it up to her since, but I don't think I've had it much since then.

Now I think I am diseased.

Guys, I'm sad. Achy knees are stupid, and PMS cramps always interrupt my two-week wait halfway through and taunt me the rest of the wait. I want to hope that I could have an experience like Velvetcrush and have all my usual PMS symptoms but actually be pregnant, but after seven failed months of feeling this same progression, I can't convince myself that AF won't come within a week. I expect to have to go for the HSG. I've been awake since 3AM. Just too excited at the prospect of having something shoved up my cervix.

EDIT: I did just find this on the Woman's Day website which somewhat puts my mind at ease but does not address stupid achy knees:

“Is it normal to experience cramping after intercourse—even when you’re not expecting your period?”

"Yes. 'Cramping after intercourse can be normal, especially if the cervix—the bottom portion of the uterus—has been jarred at all during sex, through contact with a penis, fingers or a sex toy,' notes Stern. 'A cramping sensation can also, sometimes, be the result of discomfort in the bladder or urinary tract.' To reduce cramping during and after sex, try emptying your bladder before and after sex. Still, says Stern, if you experience persistent cramping after intercourse, it’s best to see your doctor to rule out any underlying health conditions like endometriosis, fibroids or a urinary tract infection."
    Last edited by alzora; April 11th, 2013 at 07:45 AM.

@alzora this is outside my field now, as it's a rather complex question. The ultimate decision will rest with the skill, experience, and preferences of your gynecologist.

In the past the traditional approach was tuboplasty, an umbrella term which could include many operations or procedures depending on the underlying cause or anatomy. In your case, since you do not have endometriosis symptoms (I highly doubt you have endometrial tissue in your knee joints), no STDs including no PID, no prior ectopic pregnancy, etc lets say the cause is intraabdominal and ntrapelvic adhesions either pinching your tube(s) shut or distorting the normal relationship between the tube and the ovary such that eggs never find their way inside. One could laparoscopically clean up these adhesions and pexy (attach) the tube to the fimbriae. One could insert a camera-guided series of instruments into your uterus, up your tubes, and deploy a stent to propr the tube open where it is collapsed. You could even resect the collapsed segment and sew the remaining parts back together again. The success is very much dependent on the degree of damage to the tube itself.

However, since surgery creates adhesions each time you do it (less so laparoscopically, but still) and since there is a much elevated risk for ectopic pregnancy once any tubal procedure is done (don't know the numbers) my understanding is that most gynecologists proceed straight to IVF, since it's cheaper and has fewer complications. But again only someone in the field will truly be able to explain the risks and benefits to each treatment arm, and the treatment will absolutely depend on the underlying problem.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theodora / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq

Thank you for the information, Blade. This is going to be so much fun. What an adventure. Are there any risks involved with the HSG test? What if things are so bad inside of me that the dye leaks right out of my tubes and just floods my pelvic region. Could something like that happen, and would it be a very bad situation?

Also, can anyone tell me about IVF and insurance? I know my insurance doesn't cover ANY infertility treatment, only the testing up to a diagnosis. But in August I go on my husband's insurance. I have no idea if his plan covers any type of infertility treatment. Is it even possible to find an affordable insurance plan that covers something like IVF? Do they exist? And I guess there would likely be very high deductibles. Can anyone give me an idea of the potential costs? I know I am jumping the gun and making assumptions that a) my period definitely is coming this month and b) my tubes are hopelessly blocked. But how do people--especially young couples just starting out--ever swing something like IVF? Apart from mortgage and school loans, everything is cash on the barrel for us; we don't like to get in debt, and if people typically get in massive debt over IVF, we may just start looking into adoption from foster care if it comes down to that. Anyone have an encouraging story on the topic?

No risk whatsoever to the dye. Occasionally people have an allergy to it (they will ask if you're allergic to iodine) in which case you would need to be desensitized to it before injection (and that's usually for intravascular injections, not in a body cavity).

In only a few states (Pennsylvania not being one) is IVF mandated to be covered by private insurance plans. When you switch plans, call them up, wait 30min on the phone, grow increasingly angry at the world, and then ask.

*If*-- *if*-- this is a road you need to go down, arrange a consultation with a REI (consultations are free) and ask about payment plan options. Make decisions with as much data as possible.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theodora / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq