Names Searched Right Now:
Page 51 of 660 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

@Alzora - I tracked my Basil temp... and I didn't buy a special thermometer. I talked to a pharmacist and she said to use a regular thermometer, and to take your temp while at rest. So first thing in the morning before you get out of bed. I tracked mine for over a full year, and here is what I found out:

In combination with the Wandfo Ovulation kits (because I couldn't figure out the mucus part), I would pop positive on the kits for about 2 days, and then I would see a 1+ degree spike in my basil temp for another 2 days. I relied on that to make sure I ovulated. So when my January cycle was so off - pop positive on the test strip 5 days early, for 2 days, no change in basil temp for 5 days, and then my basil temp goes up 2 degrees - I thought the cycle was a bust. I kind of wish I had kept testing on the ovulation strips to see if I ovulated more than once.

I also have a friend who uses the Catholic Natural Planning method, only using the Basil Body temp, etc. as birth control. She has it all charted, and once her basil temp spikes, they know that they are in the clear and back to business as usual. It's worked for her for conception and prevention for 10 years (and 3 kids) now.

Good luck.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

Welcome rosebyanyothername! I got the bad news on valentines day too. I've been trying since December, but since we haven't had much trouble getting pregnant in the past I have a very "when it happens, it happens" mentality. I do have a feeling this cycle might be a bit strange. I usually have consistant cycles but this time I had some cramping around CD11. I usually don't even get much cramping before AF. It was probably dehydration or something. I don't track my temps, but I am pretty early in the game.
    Mom to Henry, Mollie, Gideon, and expecting Clark Ebenezer in November.

@alzora, cervical mucus does not necessarily mean you ovulated. I got really excited last month cause I had not noticeably had it before and called my doctor too early (I needed to go in for an ultrasound once I ovulated) and when I went in she told me I wasn't ready to ovulate yet. The cervical mucus that I was experiencing was follicles on my ovaries. I didn't ovulate for another week after that, according to OPKs. It is weird learning all of this about my body!
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

@skarba cramping at cd11 is a good ovulation sign!
    @grecian, I would only use a special BBT so that it measures to a 100th of a degree, not just a 10th, as the changes can be so very slight you don't want to miss them. I bought a purple one for about $8, but I just can't commit to testing the same time every day.
    Last edited by poppy528; December 31st, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

*post redacted*
    Last edited by poppy528; December 31st, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz