Names Searched Right Now:
Page 80 of 660 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 180 580 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Warmest congratulations, velvetcrush! That is amazing news!!

I've been lurking on this thread since the beginning and have always wanted to share....but I felt superstitious....like if I do write on a TTC forum, then maybe I'm admitting that I'm having problems getting prego and it won't work out for me. But, I'm getting really frustrated and am seeing similar experiences to mine... so I finally thought, why not?

I've been married for close to 2 years. We've been trying since September to get pregnant - so 7 months. I went off the pill in May and we wanted to wait a few months before officially trying due to a busy summer schedule/travel plans. My cycles have never been regular - fluctuating between 32-40 days I would say before I went on the pill. After I went off it though, they've been crazy. I've actually skipped two during this 7 months TTC time. My last cycle was about 45 days. I have been using the Clearblue Ovulation kits and I have gotten smiley faces, but despite our best efforts around that time - nada! A few months ago I was experiencing some flank pain, and my doctor had an ultrasound done on my kidneys and then on my uterus. Everything looked normal and the pain has gone away. I only mention the pain not because I or my doctor thought it had anything to do with my fertility, but because the uterine ultrasound showed everything was looking good. But how am I supposed to get prego if I am so irregular??

So... yeah. I am currently on Day 33 of my cycle. I tested a couple times and got BFNs -not sure if I will bother testing again since it is about 18 days past the smiley and I am completely symptomless. I guess I am just waiting for AF, whenever she decideds to show up. Feeling kinda down about the whole thing - I just assumed (like countless other gals I'm sure) that things would just happen right away. I got especially bummed today, because I realized that this was my last cycle to get pregnant and have a baby while still in my 20s. I will now be 30 or older when I have a baby, and I never thought that's how it would be.

I know my story isn't particulary dramatic, and it is still way under a year of trying, but I just have this bad feeling. We do put a good effort in every month and I wish it would just happen!
    TTC #1

And by the way, congrats to all if the recent members with BFPs! Puts a smile on my face when I read those updates!
    TTC #1

Welcome, Nowakasia! It's so frustrating and nerve-wracking, isn't it? I think it's particularly scary for those of us who haven't already had children, because it remains to be seen whether we have any fertility issues. I know fertility problems can arise even after having a baby or two, but I would be much less stressed about the possibility of infertility if I had conceived at least once. Do you have any plans to see a doctor anytime soon? I hope your eighth cycle is the one!

Congrats velvetcrush!! That is so exciting :-)

@nowakasia- Irregular periods make TTC very hard. They can be a symptom of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), and possibly other things. You may want to look into the symptoms of PCOS, and if any of them fit, you may want to talk to your doctor. With you getting positive ovulation tests, it doesn't necessarily sound like PCOS, but even if none of the symptoms fit, you should tell your gynocologist about your irregular periods. There is no reason to keep trying for months when your body is obviously not cooperating. Sorry, don't want to scare you, but I have PCOS and I waited 8 months before talking to my doctor about it and I wish I had done it sooner. I would go months at a time with no period and no way to tell when we might be ovulating. I also wasted a lot of money on ovulation tests that were always negative. On that note, I recommend the Wondfo ovulation strips from Amazon. They work great, and are soooo much cheaper than the ones you buy in the store. Good luck! I hope you get a BFP really soon!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me