Names Searched Right Now:
Page 72 of 660 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 572 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Also, welcome emilybrianna! I didn't see your post till jsut now.
    Mom to Henry, Mollie, Gideon, and expecting Clark Ebenezer in November.

@kate, thank you for sharing your experience. My husband and I have been using Pre-Seed since September, a lube that supposedly doesn't kill sperm and can possibly promote conception. I don't know about going with no lube at all; I had vaginismus for a long time (meaning that my body literally closed up every time my husband tried to penetrate) and I think my body still needs all the help it can get in that department, so we exclusively use Pre-Seed, even during my non-fertile days.

@emilybrianna, nice to have you join us! You and I have been trying for about the same amount of time. I too am already thinking of seeking help. I wish you luck in your decision.

An update on my melodramatic adventures of TTC: I've been feeling vague premenstrual cramps all day. Thus ends my hope for a pregnancy this month. I'm not grieving over the failure of this month so much as I am worrying about what might be causing our repeated failures. This marks seven failed months. I'm 25, I'm healthy, there's no history of infertility in my family. I suspected that this month would likely be unsuccessful because we weren't as active as we normally are during ovulation week, but actually, we did have sex on what were likely two peak fertility days, so it stands to reason that something should have happened! I've written myself off as sterile and am about ready to throw the towel in on this TTC game. No, I'm exaggerating, but I think I really am going to see a doctor. I will probably not order the book that Mrs. H brought up after all, because I think I will only end up driving myself mad with the tracking again, and as Blade has said, it doesn't make a difference when you ovulate as long as you are having regular sex. Which we haven't been. Which might be our problem. I don't know. But PMS is compelling me to go binge-eat junk food, so I'll sign off here. Better luck to the rest of you!

@alzora-- I think Toni Weschler was right on two accounts: 1) it's always useful to know as much about your body as possible, and nderstand an otherwise vague set of signs and symptoms. 2) charting to confirm ovulation can bring a great deal of peace of mind.

However, I think there is a bit of a rabid cult of believers around the book which can be pernicious. A lot of women swear that they charted their way to a baby, but as I am sure you can understand charting is completely non-interventional. It only "works" if you have some kind of imaginary quota on sex and have to time your twice-monthly allotment just right. Since I have difficulty imagining that any woman is in such a relationship, it's not very helpful. Secondly, women proudly say that their months of meticulous daily charting greatly helped their doctors diagnose and intervene in any potential problem. I will let you know that if any doctor told you that, they were merely being kind. I cannot rely on any patient-gathered data in making a diagnosis and treatment plan for anything (this is not to discount the very real importance of patient history and patient involvement in their own health). You could have made it all up, for I know. It would be malpractice and a dereliction of duty for me not to independently confirm through formal testing. A physician can completely verify a years worth of daily charting by two blood draws and an ultrasound. easy peasy lemon-squeezy. And if an ovulatory problem is confirmed, or an anatomic problem, or a functional problem, taking your temperature each morning and examining your efvical mucus under a microscope is unlikely to aid the situation.

Alzora, at 25 your insurance company will not pay for a fertility workup with less than 12 months of trying. Your case is unusual and I do think you could well have a problem with intrapelvic adhesions and blocked Fallopian tubes (which would NOT at all maninfest with charting), so once that 12m mark is reached I personally would be aggressive about getting an HSG.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I do think you could well have a problem with intrapelvic adhesions and blocked Fallopian tubes....
    ...crap.

For now I just plan to go for my annual exam. I tried to schedule it a few weeks ago but can't get in until next month at the earliest. But as for trying for a full twelve months...why oh why do insurance companies even have a stipulation that can be so easily falsified? I mean I could personally never lie about that and my vaginismus diagnosis of last summer would be a dead give-away that I haven't been trying for twelve months yet, but really, for the average person, how can an insurance company even confirm that!

@alzora, you should at least talk to your doc about fertility issues when you go in. My annual exam came around after we had been TTC 8 months the first time. I mentioned our problems to my doctor and he went ahead and ordered hormone blood tests then. My insurance paid for them without problems. You might at least check what testing the doctor might suggest. Another good reason to get tested early is that it can take a long time to get in to see a reproductive endocrinologist. Mine has a waiting time of 6 months or more.
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me