Names Searched Right Now:
Page 62 of 660 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 562 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry! I don't even know what to say. That's just devastating. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have a strong support system behind you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

@grecianern again, so sorry

@ellie- PCOS is a cluster of hormonal and metabolic problems, coupled with ovarian cysts. Extremely irregular menstrual periods like you're describing definitely merit a work up-- particularly if you don't cycle unless you're taking exogenous hormones via birth control. How long have you been off birth control, and what form were you taking? You might be experiencing the prolonged effects of withdrawal. Conversely, if you're overweight, have excess body hair, feel fatigued and energy-less most of the time, been told you're diabetic or per-diabetic, you might have PCOS.

@alzora I know this is contrary to the Weschler canon, but honestly cervical mucus isn't the worlds most reliable sign of anything. Yes, it changes throughout the month in response to hormone balance, and yes abnormally thick mucus can prevent pregnancy (it has to be really thick, like in cystic fibrosis). But it is mucus like any other mucus, and is production is dependent on your hydration status, any systemic inflammation, etc. I know I've said this before, but you don't need to chart yourself silly. If you can manage it, simply try every other day for the three weeks a month you're not menstruating. More if you feel like it, less if you feel like it. Reducing sex to something scientific and mechanical can really drain the joy and life out of your marriage and the whole process, IMO. Your husband's back injury is a concern. His sister will know that the best thing for him is light, gentle stretching ('walk down the wall' type exercises), avoiding lifting anything more than about 10 lbs, and no bed rest! If he has seen his primary doctor he could ask for a referral to physical therapy, and he should be taking daily NSAIDs like ibuprofen.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

@Blade, thanks. I actually have been reevaluating my approach to the whole conception plan, and you're right. Kids are supposed to be the bi-product of a happy, intimate relationship, and I need to switch back to that perspective. My husband is actually feeling somewhat better and able to move more freely. Thank you for your concern for him. He was actually on steroids for five days, but NSAIDS weren't helping and he declined any kind of stronger pain medicine. He plans to pursue workmen's comp, which will cover an MRI if necessary, but as of yesterday that isn't looking like it will be needed, as he seems to be on the upward swing. But he tends to fall victim to the same injury every few weeks, so perhaps a more permanent treatment is necessary even if it starts to "feel" better.

Flitting between the Heartland and the South
    @balloonsforellie Sorry to hear that you're having trouble conceiving, hopefully your TTW goes by quicklyand you get happy news

@grecianern I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

@alzora & @blade I was just about to start researching this topic, so thank you both for asking and answering my question.

Well, I went to the doctor on Tuesday, I had been having sharp pains in my lower abdomen that had been lasting the entire month and I was a bit concerned. My doctor says that because I was on birth control for so long (about 2 years, stopped taking it in June) that I'm most likely just now starting to ovulate again and that it should be nothing to worry about. She also recommended that I start using an ovulation kit. I was a bit skeptical about how these worked, but if she says they work then I'll try them.
    I'm sorry to hear that everyone seems to be having a discouraging week, I can't say that mine has been any better. AF came early and I've been a bit grouchy. I honestly didn't think that I was pregnant, but I think there's always a small ray of hope in the back of my mind and AF always crushes it.
    Hopefully next week is better for all of us
    TTC #1 since October 2012...
    Cecelia, Lydia, Clara
    Adric, Isaac, Silas

"I'd rather be honest than impressive."

Quote Originally Posted by alzora View Post
    @Blade, thanks. I actually have been reevaluating my approach to the whole conception plan, and you're right. Kids are supposed to be the bi-product of a happy, intimate relationship, and I need to switch back to that perspective. My husband is actually feeling somewhat better and able to move more freely. Thank you for your concern for him. He was actually on steroids for five days, but NSAIDS weren't helping and he declined any kind of stronger pain medicine. He plans to pursue workmen's comp, which will cover an MRI if necessary, but as of yesterday that isn't looking like it will be needed, as he seems to be on the upward swing. But he tends to fall victim to the same injury every few weeks, so perhaps a more permanent treatment is necessary even if it starts to "feel" better.
    I'm not TTC, just stalking this forum... But when we start trying, we're going to do what we did last time. Just have a normal sex life and not use any sort of protection. I don't see a point in obsessing over cervical mucous or temperatures, it just stresses me out and makes sex less enjoyable. And I think we're forgetting that TTC isn't as "scientific" for the man, it kind of creeps guys out when having sex is just for baby making, and makes them want to do it less. Not that they don't want a baby, it's just weird to think about babies when a guy is in the mood.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.