Names Searched Right Now:
Page 54 of 660 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 554 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Having never had kids I couldnt tell you from experience but watching my sisters go through it it was always about week after ovulation and relatively close to their period, and most woman think its a period. Usually a faint pink wipe never enough for them to get on their undies. One time it was just brown spotting. But typically, thats what is, just spotting and it isnt much and only for a day or 2.
    TTC a lil bundle of joy since March 2012. Nothing yet, but praying.

Princess:
    Top 4: Felicity, Evangeline, Annabel, Anna-Claire
    Other Loves~ Ruth, Aria, Amalia, Lila, Clara, Callie, Esther, Roxanna, Lana, Ivy, Violet, *Esme, Rosalie

Prince: Top 3: Leon, Bennett, Bowen,
    Other Loves~ Zane, Boone, Evan, Austin, Colton, Ivan, Arley, Archer/Asher, Callen, Zion, Spencer, Jude, Lennox, Lennon, Silas,

IUI: #1 March 14' = BFN
    IUI: #2: April 14' =BFN
    IUI: #3 May 14' =

Flitting between the Heartland and the South
    Hello, all

My husband and I have been TTC since October. We haven't told our families, mainly because I don't like sharing what's going on with my health and also because we don't want to have to give "updates". I just really want to avoid the whole "So, how's it going?" with the suggestive tone, raised eyebrows, and creepy smirk that makes me uncomfortable and squirmy.

The whole process has been really discouraging to me so far... My mother said that getting pregnant for her was really easy (like within the first month of trying) and my MIL and both of my SILs are the same way (for example I have 6 nieces and nephews and another on the way) and I know that it's normal for it to take up to a year and that I shouldn't be worried/discouraged.. I'm just impatient I suppose.

I would also like to add that I love this thread. Finding it is what made me decide to join this site and it's nice to have a place to speak freely about these things without feeling silly. I hope that we all get our BFPs soon
    TTC #1 since October 2012...
    Cecelia, Lydia, Clara
    Adric, Isaac, Silas

"I'd rather be honest than impressive."

Welcome, Violetink! Sounds like you and I are in very similar situations. I'm trying for my first too, and have been trying since September, only a month before you began. MrsH recommended a book in her above post that you may have seen. If we don't conceive this month I will be ordering that, and I also plan to schedule my annual OBGYN exam for April and begin discussing fertility with her. Where are you at in the process? This week is "go-time" for me and my husband, and since my cycle is irregular I'd really like to try at the very least every other day from now until next Tuesday. AF is expected March 26 at the latest, so I've got a long wait ahead of me. Have you tried using Preseed yet? How have you been tracking ovulation? My husband and I have been using Preseed since the beginning, and other "techniques" I've been trying are lying in bed for about 15-20 minutes afterward, and not using the bathroom right away afterward -- just ideas I got through Google searches that are probably completely pointless. Anyway, keep us posted! Hope you and I get an Easter surprise!

Hi @violetink1231! My husband and I are keeping quiet on our TTC journey too. I did tell my parents when I started on Clomid just because I knew I needed someone else to know just in case something happens. Super paranoid, I know. And, since I am not telling friends or other family, it is nice to talk to someone besides my hubby about all my ups and downs cause, let's face it, men aren't always to most chit chatty, lets-talk-about-cervical-mucous kind of people

I know what you mean about people saying how easy it was for them to be pregnant. Most moms I know recently either got pregnant within one or two months or on accident. I just found something out about my mom that made everything fall in place... Ever since I was diagnosed with PCOS (10 years ago) my mom has been trying to figure out how I got it. I have a 2nd cousin who has it, my aunt has menstral issues so she thought maybe that my aunt had it, etc. THEN last month I told her that if I don't start my period that I'm going to go get it started with a shot and she responds that she had to do that a lot when she was young! Then she proceeds to tell me all these symptoms she used to have that align with PCOS! I was like, "you're just telling me now?!?" It would have been so nice to have had that familiarity and companion as I dealt with my body. It's kind of funny, I guess.

@alzora, this is baby making week for us too. Yesterday and today I received positives on my OPKs. Last month I was super stressed and crazed about everything and this month I am more relaxed, which is nice. It is weird ovulating and last month I kind of freaked myself out with all of the changes going on. I know that sounds silly but I haven't really had signs of ovulation before so I was constantly googling everything (which is never healthy, in my humble opinion) Now this month I feel like a pro hahaha

Ok, I have been holding off on this question cause it's a little awkward for me but here goes...does anyone's SO freak themselves out during baby making week and have a hard time, um, performing? I have had this issue for the last two months now. Not really sure what to do! I didn't even tell him i was ovulating this time but he says he just knew. I am trying not to stress out about it but I am! I make it so it isn't a big deal and I don't make sex a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am type of deal. I try to keep it fun and NORMAL with no pressure. I just don't know what to do. Thoughts? Advice?
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by violetink1231 View Post
    We haven't told our families, mainly because I don't like sharing what's going on with my health and also because we don't want to have to give "updates".
    Hello Violetink and welcome! Very smart not to tell. I should have really kept my big fat mouth shut when we started. My mom got preg month two of trying in her 30s. Sigh. I just tell people I'm "not trying to get not pregnant" if they ask now, implying I'm very cavalier about the whole thing. not.

Quote Originally Posted by megmarie View Post
    ... I try to keep it fun and NORMAL with no pressure. I just don't know what to do. Thoughts? Advice?
    I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm sure you need another stressor in your life! Sex can definitely seem like a chore, to both parties, if you're tired/uninspired/pressured. Try mixing it up? Guys love morning sex; I'm sorry I'm not much help here.
    Last edited by poppy528; December 31st, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz