Names Searched Right Now:
Page 50 of 660 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 550 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

@MrsH, so glad to hear you're feeling better. Enjoy your weekend.

I just started "Baby week" as we call it in my household. The app on my iPhone beeps at me to say "the flowers are blooming" and each day I get another petal on a flower that counts up to ovulation. It's slightly ridiculous, but I use it religiously. I've lost count on how many months it's been. Do you only count CONSECUTIVE months trying? Or only count months where you did a good job actually having enough sex on the right days to get pg? This is my 3rd cycle of the year, but I don't think I took the other 2 very seriously to even count them now?? Oh whatever, let's just hope this is a good month. My hubby and I both realized we could take it more seriously. I think I remember my dr saying I might need to go on Lovenox shots (blood thinners) as a means of getting pregnant not just while pregnant. Not ideal. We've got a lot more baby making to do! I do not want those shots!!

My parents recently went to Israel, and I asked my dad to put a note in the Western Wall asking G-d for a healthy baby for me. My mom laughed at my superstitious nonsense and my dad laughed that I wanted to clarify the healthy part.

Hope everyone is healthy and well. xPoppy
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    Good for you, hala! I quit smoking a few years ago. I know how hard it is- especially if everyone around you smokes! Does your partner still smoke? Mine does, but he's really good at keeping it away from me. For the first few weeks, I found sugar-free gum or hard candies to be invaluable.

Mrs. H- It's good to hear you're up and around. My Dr. has mentioned that procedure as a possibility sometime down the road. It's good to know it's survivable!

Poppy- If I knew someone going to Isreal, I might have them put a note on the Western Wall for me too. I'm not a believer, but I can't say that "superstitious nonsense" isn't beneath me at this point!

Alzora- Thanks for your positivity! I was just thinking about what a drag it was to have started my period. It feels much better to think of it as a possible day one of pregnancy!
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

Hi, new here. DH and I have one daughter, and we are TTC number 2 since October. No luck so far. The first time around we got pg the first time we tried, miscarried, and then got pregnant again the first cycle after the miscarriage. That one stuck and DD was born in March 2011.
    I started my period on Valentines day so we are hoping I ovulate again in the next couple of days. I use the Clearblue easy fertility monitor and pee in a cup every single morning
    I have no known fertility issues other than I need to lose weight, and seem to have a lot of trouble doing so.

Welcome to our thread! What a disappointment to get your period on Valentine's Day when you're hoping for a pregnancy. :/ I wish you better luck for this next month. Keep us posted!

Do most of you on here track basil body temp? I keep forgetting to pick up a thermometer for it. I also decided that I didn't trust the ovulation test strips I used for a month, so I just go by cervical mucus and a calendar (tough with an irregular cycle, but we just go for about 5 days straight and that covers the whole general time frame). Does cervical mucus mean that I am definitely ovulating, or do I need to track basil body temperature to know for sure that I'm ovulating each month?

@poppy, I really hope you don't need the shots. But if it makes you feel better, my mom had to give herself shots for gestational diabetes and she said it wasn't so bad because she knew she was doing it for her baby. I know, injecting Lovenox into your own gut is traumatizing; a baby could definitely make it more bearable, but I hope you ultimately don't have to go through that at all. Here's hoping this is your month!