Names Searched Right Now:
Page 449 of 660 FirstFirst ... 349 399 439 447 448 449 450 451 459 499 549 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,245 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

Hi guys!

Alzora, I'm glad your hub's feeling better. Has he been to the doctor about these recurring illnesses? And I forget--has he done a sperm health test or whatever they're called?

Good news for me. My endo gave the go ahead to try again! It seems my thyroid levels are ok--actually a bit low, so he's having me start taking half a Synthroid once a week instead of the whole pill. Having read that slightly hyperthyroid is ok in early pregnancy, I'm feeling happy. Plus he said it would be ok. Of course the pessimistic part if me is thinking fluctuations can't be good. But long and short is that my low platelets seem ok just need to be monitored, and my thyroid will just need to be monitored. But we can try again!! I know it will be a nerve-wracking pregnancy if I manage to get there. But I have some hope.

So I'm currently at CD 8. In other cycles, I've ovulated around know. Fertility Friend thinks I'll be fertile around CD 11, but I think it might have some wonky cycles--including the miscarriage contributing to that projection.

Like some if you, I think, I've had cycles where my Wondfro OPKs are never positive, but other sign indicate I o'ed. I'm testing like 3* a day, but worried it'll happen again.

A question-/my mother mentioned she had to take progesterone to'hang on' to her pregnancies. What condition is that a treatment for? I of course ask because I'm worried I'll have it too. I know some fertility issues are inherited. Any of you worry about that too? I feel like my mom's fertility problem pre-traumatized me.

Daisychain - fantastic news! Good luck!! From my understanding, progesterone is used to lengthen a short luteal phase (like what some of us were just talking about) - the phase between ovulation and period is the luteal phase and should be at least 10 days long.

@Sophie - I also started looking for signs of ovulation right from the beginning. I'm just not the "winging it" kind of person, I guess! Plus I'm nearly 33 and have PCOS (which for some women means they don't ovulate at all), so I didn't want to spend months trying only to find out I was never ovulating in the first place. My doctor told me that if I notice I'm not ovulating, I should come in and discuss options, rather than waiting six months or a year. I take my temperature every morning and used OPKs for my first cycle off birth control.

I think the whole charting ovulation and OPKs are a whole new world to some of our moms, which is why they may not understand or agree with it. I personally think it takes away the stress of not knowing whether you're timing things right. My step-mom said something recently about how you take a pregnancy test a week or ten days after your period is due, and I was like, "Um, more like a day or two." But 30+ years ago, home pregnancy tests were less effective and if I didn't already KNOW when I'd ovulated, maybe I would wait longer too.
    Estella ~ Helena ~ Miriam ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Ivy ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

@Maggie, I don't know much about your situation, but with PCOS, I know that the drug Metformin (usually prescribed to help manage diabetes) can increase fertility significantly in women with PCOS, and also help avoid miscarriage in similar women. I'm sure you already know all about this, but just thought I'd pop in and let you know in the off chance you didn't. It's a really wonderfully medicine that seems to only have positive effects on the body, with minimal to zero side effects, and isn't as disruptive as hormones can be.

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Lavender | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

Mum to Ulysses, Bishop, Winifred and one yet unnamed boo.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmonaut View Post
    @Maggie, I don't know much about your situation, but with PCOS, I know that the drug Metformin (usually prescribed to help manage diabetes) can increase fertility significantly in women with PCOS, and also help avoid miscarriage in similar women. I'm sure you already know all about this, but just thought I'd pop in and let you know in the off chance you didn't. It's a really wonderfully medicine that seems to only have positive effects on the body, with minimal to zero side effects, and isn't as disruptive as hormones can be.
    Thanks Cosmonaut! So far it looks like I'm ovulating, but if there are any issues, I'll definitely mention Metformin to my doctor. We're on our first month TTC, so I don't know if we'll have any problems. Some PCOS women are able to conceive naturally, so I'm crossing my fingers for that, but keeping an eye on any signs that a little intervention may be needed.
    Estella ~ Helena ~ Miriam ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Ivy ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova