Names Searched Right Now:
Page 42 of 660 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 542 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Congrats @stuffd!!! that's awesome!!!

@hala90 - thanks! I told my husband by telling him that we needed to get a bigger place. He just took it as normal conversation and said that he knew that and that he was going to vacuum tomorrow! LOL.

I said that I knew that too, but we were going to be needed more rooms soon. and he just stopped and stared and suddenly goes, "Are you pregnant?" He got it faster than I thought he would after the vacuuming comment.

We told my parents 2 days later when they came out for lunch. We've been talking about a family trip to visit my grandparents in San Antonio. I said that we should go over Thanksgiving. I'd have some time off around then. My mom's was like, "Really?" And I said yeah, about 8 weeks of time off. She asked, "How are you going to get 8 weeks off?" I waited and then she clicked! "You're Pregnant!" It was funny. We have it on video.

For all the rest of the immediate family, I sent a Postagram. It's an App that takes an Instagram photo and puts it on a postcard and mails it for you, for $0.99 each. and each picture is able to pop out of the card. Everyone but my 83 yr old Mother-in-Law was excited. I feel bad for my husband. I posted it on my blog if you want to see it - http://www.inthelandoferin.blogspot.com/

So happy that there's such happy news on here lately!!! Congrats to everyone and Baby Dust to the rest!!!
    Last edited by grecianern; February 21st, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

Quote Originally Posted by missusaytch View Post
    Congratulations! I love BFPs! BFPs for everyone!

Y'day I had ovarian drilling. I was mistaken - I was under general anesthesia. I feel ok except for some soreness, weird bloated gassy feeling, and some tightness in my chest with a bit of dry cough. The nurse seemed mystified when I told her about it and had the anesthesiologist listen to my lungs. He said they sounded fine. I have been exercising lately - including evening before surgery - and I do get exercise induced asthma. It feels kind like that. The slight drag at the top of the breath with wheezing and dry cough. They said if I feel like I can't breathe or develop a really wet cough that's bad. Haven't had that.

Anyway that's my only real complaint. My nurse told me before surgery she had the same op with same doc. I tentatively asked her results and she said she was pg in 3 months. Of course that is by no means any sort of implied guarantee for me, but every success story gives me hope. Especially when I am lying here watching Ghostbusters II feeling crappy and praising the inventor of bendy straws.

Best wishes to all of you. Praying we all have healthy cuddly babies very soon.
    THe bloated feeling is because they did a regular laparoscopy instead of that mini-lap thing and pumped your abdomen full of carbon dioxide in order to have enough room for the instruments to work.this is the more conventional technique. You have a sore throat and cough because you were intubated, on a ventilator, for the procedure and vent air is quite dry. The symptoms he told you about are those of pneumonia-- ventilator-associated pneumonia-- which is rare.

Congrats on getting through it-- you should feel back on your feet by the end of the week.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Thanks, Blade, as always. I am coughing a bit more - hurts like hell to cough - and a little tad of phlegm but more than anything just sore and bloated. I'll have plenty to guilt trip my kid about later, tho. "Yes, I had an epidural, honey, because by the time I delivered you I'd already suffered months of jogging and having holes burned in my ovaries." ;-)

My surgeon told me everything went smoothly and the nurses complimented me on how crazy well I was doing. They said I woke up smiling. :-) And doc said my uterus was great and my Fallopian tubes were "beautiful." No surprise there. I always thought they were my best feature.
    Last edited by missusaytch; February 21st, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

@hala, where are you at with the TTC journey right now? I scrolled back and it looks like you last reported that AF was tapering off about a month ago. No luck with that cycle? What month are you in with trying?

@grecianern, what fun ways to share your news with the family!!

I have no great updates to share. Still in my two-week wait until Monday-ish, but my body has already made it quite clear (as it has for the past six months) that there is no baby in there. No queasiness, no breast changes, etc. But all my PMS symptoms are coming right on time, in the order that they always do. One thing I've been wanting to ask. Can anybody else relate to this PMS symptom--I've tried Googling it but find very little on it: in the days before my period (usually 3-5 days before), I get mild aches "down there." I say "down there" because I'm not sure where exactly--vagina? Cervix? Or perhaps even on the actual outside skin? I don't know, just somewhere in that general area, and it's not bad pain, but just a dull, mild ache that comes and goes and lets me know that AF will be here soon. Of course I get "normal" menstrual cramps too, but these are much lower than that. I know that menstrual-like cramps can actually be indicative of pregnancy, but I see no way how this feeling that I get so low in my body could have anything to do with a pregnancy, so when I feel it, I always know that the wait is over. I've already cried. My poor husband. Yesterday he just held me and asked if I want him to have a sperm count done, or if I want to start looking at adoption (another lifelong dream of mine).

I don't know...is it too early to have him get a sperm count? We've only tried for 6 months. BUT, as I said earlier, his sex drive isn't as strong as it should be, given that he is <30 and in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by missusaytch View Post
    Thanks, Blade, as always. I am coughing a bit more - hurts like hell to cough - and a little tad of phlegm but more than anything just sore and bloated. I'll have plenty to guilt trip my kid about later, tho. "Yes, I had an epidural, honey, because by the time I delivered you I'd already suffered months of jogging and having holes burned in my ovaries." ;-)

My surgeon told me everything went smoothly and the nurses complimented me on how crazy well I was doing. They said I woke up smiling. :-) And doc said my uterus was great and my Fallopian tubes were "beautiful." No surprise there. I always thought they were my best feature.
    I literally laughed out loud.

Anyway the bloatedness can be greatly relieved by gentle exercise-- maybe not jogging, but walking for 20-30 min daily. Try guaifenicin (mucinex) for the cough and just regular old lozenges for the sore throat.

Alzora pelvic pain and pressure are common symptoms. The pelvic organs are innervated strangely-- and visceral pain is quite quite different from somatic, or outer-body pain so it vague and difficult to pin down a location. As your endometrium builds up and then prepares to shed, you might feel slight visceral pain of uterine origin. Cramping is by no means an early pregnancy symptom; in fact I'd say a minority of women experience it.

It is too early for a semen analysis. You know, if your husband has been made to feel that sex is purely functional-- that you only want to have it in order to make a baby-- instead of just desiring it, or him, that could really put a damper on things.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq