Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 660 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

@poppy528--

So sorry to hear of the APA, but you are very lucky it was diagnosed now, before you lost any children. Usually it's picked up only after 2-3 miscarriages.

Anyway, much more importantly, do you live in Washingon State? If so you should know that the anti-vaccination movement is stronger there than anywhere in the country, such that the rates of complete MMR immunization are in the 70s-- yes, 70s, lower than most developing countries. There have been large, hundreds-to-thousands of cases of many of the preventable childhood diseases, including rubella. If you're not immune I would absolutely get the booster. Yes, you can't get pregnant while the virus is in your system-- because congenital rubella is a TERRIBLE thing. Baby will be deaf with a host of birth defects and neurological problems.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Hi Alzora & Blade!

Great to hear from you ladies. It feels awesome finally talking about all these things. I basically broke up with a best friend (who is a dr) because when I was telling her all about the work up she thought it be a great time to tell me about her latest shmashmortion (numero 2).

I know I should really get the MMR booster, but I'm hoping and praying that herd immunity will be strong enough in my great hippy state to protect me.

Question: any other drug store methods to increase fertility? BBT testing was just not for me. I also bought Fertility Scope (saliva fertility test) and that was likewise not for me. Anything I'm missing??
    Last edited by poppy528; December 31st, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

@alzora, I stopped myself from crying because I was at a friend's party so I just had to momentarily convince myself that it could be implantation spotting. My family always says that the way you start off the new year will characterize the rest of the year so I was worried that I won't get pregnant this year, but I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm not superstitious.

Also, I am just about to order PreSeed to use in this month's cycle. I assume it can't hurt!
    @poppy528, Have you tried Mucinex? I was thinking of also starting to use that this month because I am not convinced my cervical mucus is of the most fertile quality.
    Vivian Serena ~ Cassia Sylvie
    Jasper Blake ~ Simon Felix

@poppy-- that is what I was trying to say, that herd immunity in WA is *not* at sufficient levels. There, more than literally anywhere else in the country, you should be wary-- especially if you live in the Seattle environs. Lowest vaccination rate in the developed world is Vashon Island, which is hardly surprising.

It's a tough balancing act, I agree. The number of actual reported cases of rubella as published by the CDC is vanishingly low. I suppose, if you had to play the odds, the chance of a disabling flare once your biologics are withdrawn is much greater than the chance of being exposed to an active case of rubella.

Charting your basal body temperature and all that is of limited utility. All it will really do--assuming you do it 100% correctly-- is help you time intercourse properly. If you're having regular, frequent intercourse, it doesn't add much value. Quite a lot of inconvenience and work for basically nothing. If you have any ovulation disorders, mechanical obstruction, endometriosis, PCOS, what have you... nada. It's very passive and completely non-interventional.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

I have heard of ladies using Mucinex (guaifenesin) although I haven't done so. It's category C in the US which makes me wary (it is category A for you Aussies though). I might try it next month.
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz