Names Searched Right Now:
Page 37 of 660 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 537 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Quote Originally Posted by missusaytch View Post
    @Rowangreeneyes - I'm pretty much right there with you. I'm really feeling good about my every other day runs. It's so hard but it makes me feel really good about myself, and so much healthier. Hopefully the chocolate compulsions will fade... PS. Rowan is such a wonderful name for a girl.
    Thank you! Cravings come and go, and honestly what woman doesn't crave chocolate once in awhile? When I work out, I actually crave meat. Which is odd for me, I don't usually like meat. For the past few weeks, I've had a massive craving for sushi... it's literally all I think about. It's driving me a little batty.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by rowangreeneyes View Post
    Thank you! Cravings come and go, and honestly what woman doesn't crave chocolate once in awhile? When I work out, I actually crave meat. Which is odd for me, I don't usually like meat. For the past few weeks, I've had a massive craving for sushi... it's literally all I think about. It's driving me a little batty.
    Mmmmm sushi. I ate nothing but meat for over a year (zero-carb) so while I do love meat I can do without it. Sushi, tho, I never get tired of, and believe it or not there is a damn fine sushi place here in this little South Mississippi town. When I get pregnant I will miss it. (My husband is forcing me to always say "when," not "if.") :-)
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Jack . Walker . David . Gabriel . Jonah . Joe . Michael . Whittaker
    Dream Combos: Jack Gabriel Walker & Jonah Michael Whittaker

Clementine . Margot . Elizabeth . Jillian . Sybil . Beatrice . Vesper
    Dream Combos: Clementine ??? . Margot Jillian . Diana Elizabeth

Thanks MrsH. Antoine came into existence ridiculously quickly (I removed my IUD and was pregnant in about 10 days). It was actually a great hardship for us, timing-wise, as we didn't expect things to happen so quickly. Now that there's a time limit in the other direction (June 2014) I expect it to take forever.

Things that are not safe in pregnancy

Cat poop
    Rubella
    lots of prescription medications
    large amounts of alcohol
    more than 8 cups of coffee daily (in one study in Denmark, this was associated with IUGR)
    fish containing lots of mercury
    chemotherapy

Things that are safe in pregnancy

sushi not containing large amounts of mercury (rule of thumb-- all the rolls are fine)
    deli meat
    getting your hair dyed
    <8 cups of coffee daily
    mild amounts of alcohol (though no one is sure how much since obviously that's a study that will never be done)
    Just about everything else in your life
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    Thanks MrsH. Antoine came into existence ridiculously quickly (I removed my IUD and was pregnant in about 10 days). It was actually a great hardship for us, timing-wise, as we didn't expect things to happen so quickly. Now that there's a time limit in the other direction (June 2014) I expect it to take forever.

Things that are not safe in pregnancy

Cat poop
    Rubella
    lots of prescription medications
    large amounts of alcohol
    more than 8 cups of coffee daily (in one study in Denmark, this was associated with IUGR)
    fish containing lots of mercury
    chemotherapy

Things that are safe in pregnancy

sushi not containing large amounts of mercury (rule of thumb-- all the rolls are fine)
    deli meat
    getting your hair dyed
    <8 cups of coffee daily
    mild amounts of alcohol (though no one is sure how much since obviously that's a study that will never be done)
    Just about everything else in your life
    That's very cool to know! I ate sushi my entire pregnancy (although, I usually eat the vegetarian and cooked shrimp/crab variety) and I also drank coffee and tea daily. I tried to give up caffeine for the first 3-4 weeks after I found out I was pregnant, but I was getting debilitating headaches, my doctor actually told me to start caffeine again and that it wasn't worth putting myself through the stress. My best friend is 18 weeks along and has had a few glasses of wine and champagne on New Years. Sometimes I think people take the "rules" of pregnancy a little too seriously and end up depriving themselves which makes pregnancy much less enjoyable.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Okay does anybody else have this problem (probably not...lol): like most or all of you on this thread, I find myself obsessed with the idea of conceiving. Obsessed. But then after each month's attempt, I get waves of anxiety, sometimes fairly extreme, during the two-week wait and am terrified of having conceived! It's not that I don't want a baby, obviously, but I'm just a generally high-strung person and I take solace in routine. Change scares me, and pregnancy symptoms scare me, particularly morning sickness. At the moment, I feel nothing but anxiety and dread at the idea of being pregnant. I expect AF on Sunday or Monday, and if it doesn't come I will cope, but if it DOES come, I really need to decide whether I'm ready to keep trying or not! I don't want to keep going back and forth like this emotionally every month. Does anybody else here flip-flop like this emotionally? Perhaps a TTC thread on a baby name website isn't the place to find someone who feels the same way. I get the impression that the rest of you are pretty set on what you want, which is awesome, but I can't seem to figure out what I want. My husband and I both want to be parents very badly, but he is willing to let me make the final call on when we pursue that. Most of the time I want it and it's all I think about, but then other times...this anxiety and dread!! It sucks.
    Last edited by alzora; February 19th, 2013 at 12:37 PM.