Names Searched Right Now:
Page 36 of 660 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 536 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

@MrsH that is awesome. Good luck to you. The intense cravings for carbs is a great sign that your increased activity is working! And you must be very athletic to be able to jog for a mile without stopping.

I read a large case series that said in women who underwent laparoscopic ovarian drilling, 82% thought they were ovulating, 92% actually were, and the subsequent pregnancy rate (forget the interval) was nearly 70%.

I am going to out myself and formally join the thread; hoping for #2 before I have to go back to the hospital full-time in June 2014.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

@MrsH, I've heard that chocolate milk is a great recovery drink after a workout. Blade or others will have to verify or correct this, because the only nutritional information I know for certain is the stuff I learned in Barney's songs when I was 5. But my husband uses chocolate milk as his post-workout recovery drink because he heard and read about its benefits for such situations. What those benefits are, I have no idea, but it doesn't seem to be causing him weight gain or holding him back.

@Blade, that's so exciting! Welcome to the weepy, nerve-wracking, hormonal journey of TTC; not sure if you've embarked on this journey once before or if Antoine was a surprise addition to your family, but I hope it goes quickly and easily for you. Nice to have you join us (as more than just our "TTC thread physician"...though that's been great too).

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    @MrsH that is awesome. Good luck to you. The intense cravings for carbs is a great sign that your increased activity is working! And you must be very athletic to be able to jog for a mile without stopping.

I read a large case series that said in women who underwent laparoscopic ovarian drilling, 82% thought they were ovulating, 92% actually were, and the subsequent pregnancy rate (forget the interval) was nearly 70%.

I am going to out myself and formally join the thread; hoping for #2 before I have to go back to the hospital full-time in June 2014.
    YAY Blade! Good luck to you!
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by missusaytch View Post
    Alzora, best wishes to you. Hope is pretty awesome. :-)

I am having laparoscopic ovarian drilling this Wednesday to reduce ovarian mass and make room for eggs to pop out. My ovaries are so cystic right now doc said Clomid would prob be a waste of time. I start Clomid after the procedure. He said for at least 6 months following the procedure my odds of getting pregnant will go from roughly 0% to about 50%, assuming all goes well and no tubal blockage. I am hopeful. I'm Catholic. It's Lent. I'm praying my ass off for a baby. St. Jude is sick of me. Seriously.

@Blade, we had discussed low-carb diets and homeostasis on another thread. I decided to take your advice and try busting my ass with physical activity for the first time in years, and not being so strict about the diet. So I started running with my husband, but FOR REAL this time. I was pretty sure I was gonna stroke out at first but after a few days I can jog my big butt almost a mile without stopping to walk. Including walking I'm doing 1.5 miles a day right now, about 25 minutes, every other day. It's hard, but I know it's good for me. The bad thing is it sends my appetite through the roof. It makes me want chocolate. Hubs assured me this is normal and will even out.

Instead of focusing so completely on food I'm trying to just be active and chill the hell out. I've been on a diet virtually non-stop for literally as long as I can remember. I'm just profoundly over it.

Thanks again for your advice and good luck to all you ladies trying to get healthy as part of your TTC journey!
    I have struggled with my weight practically my whole life, been on every single diet/fad you can think of. The ONLY thing that works for me is physical activity. If I work out every day, my body naturally craves better food (fruit, salads, oatmeal) and I feel so much better. I'm done with dieting. I've made a vow that this summer I will amp up my physical activity, go hiking, kayaking, swimming. Mostly because I want to feel/look good, but also I want to be a good example to Rowan. I want her to see activity as fun and not a chore like I always did. My husband has always been WAY more active than me, he likes mountain biking and ultimate frisbee and all that, but I plan to give him a run for his money this year.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

@Blade - it freakin makes me so happy when badass people have kids. Good luck. Seriously. I am really pulling for you. Idk if you had any trouble conceiving Antoine but I hope this bebe is easy to make.

Btw I am fat and not at all athletic anymore. I honestly don't know how I managed to jog that long without stopping. I went really slow and I was pretty sure I was gonna die the whole time. But I didn't. So I figure I can do it again. :-)

Oh and THANK YOU for the info on drilling. I teeter back and forth between wanting to read EVERYTHING about it and knowing better. I worry. So thank you for that. I feel good about it. My doctor is being aggressive and I'm glad.

@Alzora - dude seriously any excuse to drink chocolate milk. Thank you for the tip!

@Rowangreeneyes - I'm pretty much right there with you. I'm really feeling good about my every other day runs. It's so hard but it makes me feel really good about myself, and so much healthier. Hopefully the chocolate compulsions will fade... PS. Rowan is such a wonderful name for a girl.

My drilling is Wed. Tomorrow I plan to go for a jog but otherwise relax and hydrate. Think happy ovaries!
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Boy Combos: Jack Gabriel Walker & Jonah Michael Whittaker
    David . Alexander (Andy) . Xavier . Abel . Edgar . Apollo . Thomas . Harry . Walter . Frederick

Girl Combos: Clementine ??? . Margot Jillian . Diana Elizabeth
    Gemma . Beatrice . Vesper . Stella . Claire . Rose . Sibyl . Rosemary . Winter . Georgia . Grace . Judith . Corinne